Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../james-johnson-kings-raptors-trade/index.html

The Kings have agreed to acquire small forward James Johnson from the Raptors for a 2014 second-round pick, a source confirmed to SI.com.

Johnson, the 16th pick in the 2009 draft, averaged 9.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 25.2 minutes last season, his first full season in Toronto after being traded from Chicago in February 2011. The 25-year-old Johnson will be added to a Sacramento frontcourt rotation that includes DeMarcus Cousins, Chuck Hayes, Jason Thompson and rookie Thomas Robinson. He will make $2.8 million in 2012-13 and become a restricted free agent next summer.
Sac needs a SF, but I'm not sure Johnson is going to take advantage of the opportunity.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would want James Johnson. Maybe he can do backflips for the halftime show and teach Jimmer, Evans, and Cousins self-defense.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
I've learned that if u never rely on him for anything offensively then he can be a great role player. He provides alot of hustle and impact defensive plays, and that alone will give him a role in the NBA.

He's a good ball handler, good passer, but no jump shot and no consistancy..It looks like he should be so much more but I think he should embrace being a role player.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would want James Johnson. Maybe he can do backflips for the halftime show and teach Jimmer, Evans, and Cousins self-defense.
He's a great defender. He would be great on a team like the clippers.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
One of the best at blocking and altering shots at his position, has great defensive instincts. Great role player as already talked about, I like his game as a garbageman.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
He really wasn't too bad for the Raps last year. Nothing special, but a solid pickup for a 2nd rounder.

·
Registered
104 Posts
He's a solid defender and rebounder for his position. Raps seem like they're in cap clearing mode, even though they're far below the cap. Don't really see a log-jam at the wing position for them.

They've got Derozan, Mrs. Fields, and Terrence Ross. Ross is just a rookie so it's still up in the air how big of a contribution he's going to make. Sorry I forgot about Kleiza and his man-boobs as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts