Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have one open roster spot. We need to have 12 active players.

Why not give this kid a chance. He playerd amazing last year in High School, and when i saw him play in a few HS All Star games he looked great.

He was born on 10-17-83. That makes him barley over 21.

He is anywhere from 6'9-6'11 and about 305-340 pounds. He could be another player to develop.

http://www.hoopshype.com/players/james_lang.htm

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
We have one open roster spot. We need to have 12 active players.

Why not give this kid a chance. He playerd amazing last year in High School, and when i saw him play in a few HS All Star games he looked great.

He was born on 10-17-83. That makes him barley over 21.

He is anywhere from 6'9-6'11 and about 305-340 pounds. He could be another player to develop.

http://www.hoopshype.com/players/james_lang.htm
Anybody else find it strange that Lang is 21 years old and was a HS senior last year?

I don't think he'd be able to contribute at all for us.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!

Anybody else find it strange that Lang is 21 years old and was a HS senior last year?

I don't think he'd be able to contribute at all for us.
I think that signing him would be worth some money, but of course I have the crazy notion that having a roster with 11 players is ridiculously cheap on the Blazers' part. I don't think he'll ever amount to anything in the NBA, but he'd be cheap to sign and rolling the dice wouldn't hurt.

As far as his age: he's actually only 20 (and he just turned 20 in October). That's still a bit old for being a year removed from high school, but it makes sense that older high schoolers would be amongst the top prospects... the physical difference between an old 18 year old (or a 19 year old) and other kids in his class can make him look good.

It's the rare prospect, indeed, that can dominate as a 17 year old like Jermaine O'Neal did as a HS senior. Jermaine was 4 days short of 2 years younger than Lang, incidentally, as an NBA rookie.

Ed O.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Why even waste time developing James Lang. You can have the player Lang will be in 3 years if you just sign Ousmane Cisse or Leon Smith.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Re: James Lang

Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!

Come on, give the guy some credit. He is from Alabama one of the gems of education in the states.
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts