Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on scouthoops today. James Tchana, a 6-7 260lbs native of Cameroon, who committed Fresno State earlier in the year, may re-open his recruiting. Albany is one of the school that has offered him. Fairfield, Houston,
Pepperdine,Richmond,San Diego,St. Bonaventure,UNC-Greensboro,UTEP,Virginia Commonwealth all have offers on this kid as well.

Albany seems set with the signings of Connelly and Covington, so I don't expect them to make a run for him, but it is always good to have big bodies around

Here is Tchana's profile: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=504126

He and fellow un-signed Cameroonian Benoit Bekono go to Our Savior New American School (Centereach, NY) and are interested in Albany. Bekono does not have an offer however.

·
Registered
275 Posts
He will go higher than UA. Went to same HS as Jamar Wilson - I think they were freshmen when Jamar was a senior. Palacios from Louisville was also on that team.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another Fresno State verbal has backed out and opened his recruiting back up, no interest in AE schools, but still, Fresno lost their only two recruits because of the coaching change. Maybe they found out they just realized Jerry Tarkanen was not around and wouldn't give them cash to buy a hot tub :laugh:

All I can say is at least that (recruits backing out) did not happen with Sisca and UVM...though it has had an impact with some of the people interested in UVM have signed on elsewhere, hopefully, it is minimal. Hey, at least we HAVE a commitment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts