Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Cavs don't show LeBron that they are serious about winning, I think he walks. I think if the Cavs don't land a shooter this off season, LeBron is gone.

Your Thoughts...

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think Lebron wants to be a Cav.
And the Cavs will pay him the most.

KG never left Minnesota.
AI stayed in Philly.

Lebron, much to the chagrin of Knick fans, will stay in Cleveland.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Cleveland has a great chance to be a contender by next season; they've already got solid pieces at the right positions, and they have a ton of cap room for a shooter and PG this summer. Get that, and they're ECF material next season, and that's a good step towards keeping LeBron.

Though yes, if the Cavs don't get the right pieces with that cap room this summer, I could see LeBron accepting a max offer in summer 2007 with a team on the verge of contending.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
futuristxen said:
I think Lebron wants to be a Cav.
And the Cavs will pay him the most.

KG never left Minnesota.
AI stayed in Philly.

Lebron, much to the chagrin of Knick fans, will stay in Cleveland.
True, but look at Shaq when in Orlando, and T-Mac in Orlando.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would say yes, he is going to stay in Cleveland. With the right roster changes, this team can definitely contend, with LeBron leading the way. That, and the Cavs would certainly wouldn't be stingy when it comes to contract negotiations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
next year we might have a strong scorer in luke jackson that could help out alot.lebron has accomplished so much with this team that i would think he would stay just because....plus do you know how much money will be thrown his way.would you leave?

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
LB will not leave. All of the leagues greatest player stayed and won with one team. (Excluding the last years of a few guys careers). Hopefully the Cavs can sign another role player to make the team better in the years to come.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
nah, Bron is going to the clippers. ;)

I don't think he will leave, the new owner is going to make things work with him.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Crazy...

LeBron in NY?

Spike Lee said the Knicks have a shot at Cleveland's LeBron James when James becomes a free agent after the summer of 2006. Lee is involved with Nike and knows James' agent, Aaron Goodwin. Lee claims there's a clause in James' Nike contract that would pay him more to play in New York.

That fact makes it not so absurd for James to sign for the $5 million midlevel exception that the capped-out Knicks could offer, although it would seem unlikely. The Knicks probably would need to work a sign-and-trade with the Cavs so they can pay him the maximum.

"There's no guarantee LeBron is going back to Cleveland," Lee said several times at his courtside seat, schmoozing with reporters as he geared up for Pacers star Reggie Miller's final game at the Garden on Tuesday.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Re: Crazy...

That fact makes it not so absurd for James to sign for the $5 million midlevel exception that the capped-out Knicks could offer, although it would seem unlikely.
Understatement of the farking century. :laugh: The only way he goes to NY is when they have cap space to sign him to close to the MAX. I doubt the clause in the Nike contract could make up the difference between an MLE contract and a MAX contract (which is in the tens of millions).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts