Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say he is like Vince Carter, whos seen him play??......i know about his leaping and athletic ability but how is his shooting??.......his defence??

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think he will be better than Vince Carter. His shooting is a decent, but could use some improvement. From the games I have seen he is a good defender. He can get to the rim at will and his shooting improved over the year. In the amature basketball board there is a whole topic about him. It's called "James White is a god" There were some good discusions about him there. Check it out.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i have seen him play about ten times at uf and i'll be honest i just dont get it.someone has to explain to me what the big deal is with this guy.right now i would think you're looking at a poor mans larry hughes,if that.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
ok, what has james white proven? because he can dunk you think he can be better than Vince Carter basketball_jesus? You cannot back up what you are saying. I mean he can shoot and he can play defense....so who cares if he can.

Vince Carter has proved something in this league. He is a great shooter, great dunker, great player.....james white has proven he is a great dunker. nothin more nothin less...until he proves he is going to be anything in this league i think what u r saying is crazy...

·
Registered
57 Posts
He has as much hops, if not more than, VC does. He is a crazy athlete!!

The thing about him now is, he is EXTREMLY RAW. He needs alot of work. I hope he stays in Florida for at least two more years.

With some work though he could be a good defender and have a offensive arsenal similar to Vince.

·
Registered
741 Posts
So far he's like a million other players who barely know how to play basketball yet, except he jumps higher in the process, hopefully that changes soon...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
James White

I've played against him and he is athletic as almost anybody and yes he can leap out of the gym. But his overall game needs alot of help to even be able to get to the point Vince and the rest of the L's skills are at. He also need to put more weight on his frame becuase unlike Vince and half of the other dominant swing players he's a twig.

·
Registered
86 Posts
James White is a long way from the NBA. Yeah he can jump out of the gym, but the kid is basically a 6'6" 180 pound PF. His jump shot is extremely suspect and his ball handling abilities are good in flashes but he can be a turnover waiting to happen. In time, he will develop into a full-fledge two guard but he will need a long range and mid-range jump shot too succeed. Defensively, he is lazy and he isn't a guy who likes to mix it up. At most expect a Chris Wilcox type impact with the Gators next year. He should be able to come in a provide energy and highlight players but he will be inconsistenct. If he opts for the 2003 draft I would expect him to be a late lottery to mid first round pick. He doesn't have Wilcox's size and he won't provide any immediate help. He does have amazing leaping ability and quickness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts