Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Jamison

949 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Beardown_922 
#1 ·
Get rid of Jamison!!!! He has shown that he is not a natural leader, that he is not worth the max, and that he is not a team's #1 option. I like the guy as a person, I think he is a good guy, but he is not the future of the Warriors. I saw trade him for draft picks or ideally (but probably impossible) trade him for a player whose contract is set to expire after this year.

#2 ·
I would tend to agree with you other than the fact that Jamison has been playing out of position and this year, given that he is moving to PF, things might change a little. He has some good trade value, but it all depends on what is on offer. No use going after something we've already got

#4 ·
In my opinion, a natural leader does not have to try and be the leader. Furthermore, the fact that no one acknowledges him as the captain says a lot. I am not saying he is not a nice guy, but given the circumstances, he just does not fit on the Warriors in my opinion.

#5 ·
give TAWN a break

until J-Rich he has been the ONLY good player we had and Shaq's toe is right. He has been playing out of position. This year could bring about a whole new attitude for Jamison and the W's.

It's hard to be a leader when most of your team mates are whining overpaid slouches(Damp, Jackson, Mookie). Can't do much leading with those types of players. It should be a different story now that most of the team is made up of young guys who are actually glad to be in the league.Jamison gets the benefit of the doubt

#6 ·
I have faith in Jamison next season if he sticks at the PF slot which is highly likely with Mike D on the team. But we might see Jamison at the SF spot when Mike D is on the bench which would be a disaster. If Jamison plays PF and puts up #s similar to his 2000-2001 season (24.9, 8.7, 2.0), then we can all forget the piss-poor job he did last season. But the catch is when Jamison plays PF, Dampier has to grab at least 10 boards and 2 blocks and Foyle needs to come off the bench and be the shotblocker he was last season and be defensive presense/difference much like Ben Wallace or Theo Ratliff or Mount Mutombo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.