Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big Indiana fan, and I haven't really seen the Wiz play on TV at all this season. How has Jeffries been playing? Is he still starting? Anyway, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes Jeffries is still starting in most games. He is doing well for the Wiz. He is our best defensive player and his offensive game has improved tramendously. Coach has a lot of confidence in JJ.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I hate JJ. He finds about a half-quarter every other game where he shows that he is more than capable of truly being the role player we could so use at his spot. He then spends the rest of his time looking like he would be barely fighting for a starting position on the Atlanta Hawks, not being handed such a spot on a "playoff caliber" team. It's just too annoying for me to like him any more.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Jeffries is a scrub plain and simple. For every 1 good thing he does in return is 3 or 4 bad things definatly not starting material. He wouldn't make half of the NBA team rosters more less starting on one. Sorry Sage Jeffries defense is overated, too slow for most SF and too weak for any decent PF.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2002 Draft:
11 Washington Jared Jeffries, F, Indiana
12 L.A. Clippers Melvin Ely, F/C, Fresno State
13 Milwaukee Marcus Haislip, F, Tennessee
14 Indiana Fred Jones, G, Oregon
15 Houston (from Toronto) Bostjan Nachbar, F, Italy
16 Philadelphia Jiri Welsch, G, Slovenia
(Rights traded to Golden State)
17 Washington (from New Orleans) Juan Dixon, G, Maryland
18 Orlando Curtis Borchardt, C, Stanford
(Rights traded to Utah)
19 Utah Ryan Humphrey, F, Notre Dame
(Rights traded to Orlando)
20 Toronto (from Seattle via New York) Kareem Rush, G, Missouri
(Rights traded to L.A. Lakers)
21 Portland Qyntel Woods, G/F, Northeast Mississippi CC
22 Phoenix (from Boston) Casey Jacobsen, G/F, Stanford
23 Detroit Tayshaun Prince, F, Kentucky
24 New Jersey Nenad Krstic, F/C, Yugoslavia
25 Denver (from Dallas) Frank Williams, G, Illinois
(Rights traded to New York)
26 San Antonio John Salmons, G/F, Miami
(Rights traded to Sixers)
27 L.A. Lakers Chris Jefferies, F, Fresno State
(RIghts traded to Toronto)
28 Sacramento Dan Dickau, G, Gonzaga
(Rights traded to Atlanta)

Who among these players (well, besides Tayshaun Prince and Dan Dickau) available at the time are playing significantly better than JJ?

I think he's doing fine. He plays good D, plays smart, can handle the ball a little if he doesn't overdo it.

Earlier in the year he was dribbling the ball coast to coast and jamming it, doing some other athletic things that people didn't realize he can do. Now that the good teams are taking that away from him he's having to adjust. When he doesn't force things he does fine. He's smart (coming as he does from IU, where all smart people come from) and if he keeps working will be a good sixth man, which is pretty good for a #11 pick.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
JJ has talent but he's just waay too unproductive. He never , ever has good games where he gets more than 10 points or so . Its like he has a personal cap on productivity.

YET EJ trusts him for whatever reason. JJ's defense is suspect, he's soft, can't finish, and misses free throws, and can easily be guarded by guys 6 inches shorter than he is.

He got his shot blocked in the Bucks game last night on a post up against Michael Redd he couldn't even overpower a sg.

His best asset appears to be his ability to push the ball up court or shall I say advance it upcourt. But he makes mistakes doing that at times.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
JJ is a big dissapointment.

Kareem Rush is way better than JJ by the way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
aftermath said:
JJ is a big dissapointment.

Kareem Rush is way better than JJ by the way.
*pssssshhhhtttt!!!!!!*
*sprays coke all over computer*
*bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!*

Oh. Wow. That was funny.

I admit I haven't seen him play recently. But you can't be serious.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The one player the Wizards could have really used of after the 11th pick is actually Kristic. He's developing into the low post threat that the Nets have been looking for years. The Wizards with that outstanding backcourt of theres would have really benefited with his size, especially since Brown has been constantly hurt

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I like what JJ does sometimes and sometimes I don't. His ballhandling is kinda hit or miss...he can weave through traffic and go coast-to-coast and get a layup before the D sets up or he could turn it over. His dribbling style scares me (a high dribble from a 6-11 guy is), but he seems to do alright with it. I think he's improved a lot this season so hopefully he'll get even better next season. Another good thing with JJ is he doesn't require the ball to score, which is perfect for our team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts