Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being from Indiana, I always want Indiana players to do well in the NBA. And while I'd hoped Jared would, for a long time I just didn't think he had the ability. The fact is, he DOES NOT have the mobility to be a good NBA 3. But if he is at 6-11, 235, I think he could be a great power forward. He's got unbelievable post moves, it's just that if he didn't gain weight, he wouldn't be able to use them in the league because he'd be thrown around. He really doesn't have the handles or quickness that he's given credit for, though they are decent. Just because he can move and hit the little jumper doesn't mean he should play the 3. He's got good size for power forward if he's gained that much weight. He'll have the matchup advantage ALL THE TIME because he can take the stronger 4's outside, and the ones that aren't as heavy he can use his vast array of post moves to score on. I think at the power forward he could be a VERY effective player in the NBA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hes kinda like Cwebb in that he has adequate skills for an NBA 3 but not the shot . Actually not really sure why he reminds me of Webber.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Agreed CHL, but the lines between the positions keep getting thinner and thinner, so he might be able to play something in between a PF and SF. Also a columnist in a local newspaper reported that Jeffries's stock was rising dramatically, he has worked on his speed and agility, and also is working on pumping up. If what they say about his work ethic is true, we could be looking at a draft steal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts