Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an article in the KC star which both players are from. Jaron might move back to LA, live with his brother, and try to resurct (sp) his career. I am all for that he want to go out to Cali to re-start his career, but I do not think he should be even near his brother. I think he would be a bad influence on the Young Rush. There is even a younger Rush, Brandon, but that is off topic. If Jaron lives with him, I think the elder will take advantage. of course Kareem is a smart one, and I do not think he will let his brother take advantage.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I'm not sure how he is taking advantage of him. Jaron is probably very low on cash by now and I'm sure his brother has no problem helping him out. I'm sure if Jaron made it in the NBA he would have no problem supporting Kareem.

Maybe Kareem will be a postive influence on him and keep him off alchol. Maybe the Lakers might even try Jaron on their summer league team.

BTW are you sure the Rush's aren't from LA? I thought I remembered Jaron in paticular playing at some LA high school.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Jemel Irief
I'm not sure how he is taking advantage of him. Jaron is probably very low on cash by now and I'm sure his brother has no problem helping him out. I'm sure if Jaron made it in the NBA he would have no problem supporting Kareem.

Maybe Kareem will be a postive influence on him and keep him off alchol. Maybe the Lakers might even try Jaron on their summer league team.

BTW are you sure the Rush's aren't from LA? I thought I remembered Jaron in paticular playing at some LA high school.
Nope Jaron and Kareem both played for Prembroke Hill Prep school here in the Kansas City area. They lived here all the life until after High school. I actually know Jaron. He used to dated an old friend of mine back in HS. Couple of my freidns played with the Rush brothers on the state championship teams. However the school had to forfit b/c of the Rush brothers. Forgot what it was about though. Their younger 16 y/o brother is having a hard time as well. Brandon Rush last year was playing for his 3rd hs, and an old HS kind of ruin his Soph year last season. Forgot what that was all about too. Us KU fans do not care for any of the elder Rushs Kareem well you know went to Missouri. Jaron who made an oral commitemnet with kU, then he made smart remarks about Roy WIlliams system, and Roy backup the committment. Every KU fan thought he would become a Jayhawk. He went to the basketball camps, and always went to KU games, even his gaurdian who supported him to HS was a KU graduate.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Jaron Rush's career is over. He shouldn't even try to get back in the NBA.:no:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Thanks for the correction Kansas. I remember reading about JaRon shattering a backboard in high school and I thought he did that here in LA.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Jemel Irief
Thanks for the correction Kansas. I remember reading about JaRon shattering a backboard in high school and I thought he did that here in LA.
Your welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts