Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: Philly trade for Dorell Wright is expanding to include Hornets, who have agreed to send Jarrett Jack to Warriors
JARRETT JACK ‏@Jarrettjack03
Well new Orleans it's been real like to thank all the fans u treated me great during my time as a hornet. ‪#movingon‬
D*mn. I liked J Jack too.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Warriors to get Jarrett Jack & Hornets only have to take back draft rights to Edin Bavcic (originally Philly-bound) to complete the trade

I don't even know who the h*ll this is. Another unibrow?

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Who do we get? I wasn't really a Jarret Jack fan, but I was hoping he would remain with the Hornets through this season as a steady consistent more veteran option.

The Hornets appear to have all intentions of starting Rivers at PG and Davis at C right off the bat, learning curve aside. Can't say I blame them.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
This is puzzling. Jack has a good deal of value. You might not want him to be your starter, but he's one heck of a 2nd string point guard.

Rivers has close to zero ability as a point guard by the way. None whatsoever.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Warriors to get Jarrett Jack & Hornets only have to take back draft rights to Edin Bavcic (originally Philly-bound) to complete the trade

I don't even know who the h*ll this is. Another unibrow?
Wow we are definitely trying to intimidate opponents with our brows of fury.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Hornets would get rights to Edin Bavcic, Euro prospect drafted by Warriors and initially set to go to Philly. NO clears Jack's $5.4M off cap

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
NO wants to rebrand their team Unibrows. Or add one to Hornet logo.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Yeah I don't like this one guys...

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Is there a starting caliber point guard left that the Hornets can afford? I don't see who you get that is better than Jack, certainly not in the short term. Vasquez is a 2nd stringer too.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jack didn't really have to be traded right now because he was already an expiring so they probably are going to use this trade to get something NOW. Perhaps?

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Raymond Felton is the only thing that makes sense, although it only makes sense if it's a reasonable deal and he has not been camping out at Krispy Kreme the entire off season.

Don't tell him what a beignet is if he signs.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
He stunk it up last year, but he's capable of being a decent point guard. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but Felton is the only quote-unquote starter left on the board. Seems like a puzzling move if that is what it is, because Jack was significantly better last year and hasn't been much worse over their careers.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I suppose you have to see how the off-season shakes out before judging a cap-clearing move like this. Theoretically, I would not be a fan of playing both rookies out of position right off the bat.

EDIT: Great move by the Warriors, though. They desperately needed Curry insurance if they're trying to make the playoffs next year, and Jack's a very affordable, competent option.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hornets may be going after Mahinmi. I don't have sources or anything. :laugh: Just something I keep seeing around. I'll wait to see what happens.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts