Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there were an award for Best Player No One Cares About, Jason Collins would win it every year. Why? Collins is a fantastic defender who makes up for a relative lack of mass (7-foot, 255 pounds) with a blend of skill and intelligence. In a game two weeks ago Collins was battered and beaten in the post by O'Neal but refused to back down, frustrating the Diesel and holding him to 18 points and forcing him into four offensive fouls.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/chris_mannix/04/13/heat.pretender/

· Registered
3,107 Posts
Collins is a great defender but Nets fans gets frustrated with his lack of offense some times and for the fact that he cant finish under the rim without missing or getting blocked by point guards (Steve Francis).

· Banned
57,945 Posts
I wonder whom else they were thinking of giving the award to.

Wonder if this is the start of him getting some recognition around the league, maybe even a few all-defense team votes.

-Petey

· Registered
5,515 Posts
C-O-L-L-I-N-S.......COLLINS!... :biggrin:

· Registered
5,657 Posts
Mr.Montross said:
It's obvious certain teams care about Jason Collins, as they tried to get him a trade, and were rebuked.
???

iight... i have noticed that we win more with collins then without, but that is mainly because he dosn't have to carry the team on offense! He does to a great job on defense, but i just think that people get carried up in comparing him our horrable bench, and not other lagit starters. If we could get a player who can play some defense and some offense, AND STILL HAVE COLLINS PLAY GOOD MIN then i'm all for it! PS. Players can learn how to play defense, look at krstic. So i don't see a reason why we shouldn't get a player who is average on D, and bash him for not being the superdefender that collins is. But if that person can rebound and score a lil more don't you think that it worth it?

· Registered
5,657 Posts
eddymac said:
Collins is a great defender but Nets fans gets frustrated with his lack of offense some times and for the fact that he cant finish under the rim without missing or getting blocked by point guards (Steve Francis).
lol i bet krstic owns collins in practice :)

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Jason is 1 of the most underappreciated players in the league. By no means is he stat stuffer but he's a very important piece to the Nets & his defense on great post players will be significant for the Nets to go deep in the playoffs this yr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.