Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason Collins is shooting an eFG of 16.7% on shots close to the basket. 67 percent of the time, he's blocked. 100% of those close attempts have been assisted.

When he gets himself to the line, he makes 33% of his attempts.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
7M3 said:
Jason Collins is shooting an eFG of 16.7% on shots close to the basket. 67 percent of the time, he's blocked. 100% of those close attempts have been assisted.

Link?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
7M3 said:

Nets have also dominated on the boards except for the half Twin missed against the Bucks when we got destroyed. He is the glue!

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
How dare you bring this up? After all Collins is the nets best defender, he shuts down opposing teams big men constantly. His offensive woes should be ignored

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rundmc00 said:
82 games also says opponents are shooting 29% against Twin and averaging 8 points per 48 minutes. That is truly amazing!
Why are you taking the thread off-topic?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
7M3 said:
There is only so much to say about his lack of lift. Better to make it a Twin in general thread. Also, only focusing on the weak part of his game is lame.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
7M3 said:
It's off topic in any way shape or form. We are discussing a player's abilities. You would like to keep it to your agenda. Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for us, you don't have the power to do so.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
isnt he the 3rd or 4th most efficient defensive center over the past 5 years or something? why would this be trouble, the day the Nets start relying on Jason Collins is the day theyre relocated

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
36 Karat said:
isnt he the 3rd or 4th most efficient defensive center over the past 5 years or something? why would this be trouble, the day the Nets start relying on Jason Collins is the day theyre relocated
Huh? What are you saying?

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NetIncome said:
It's off topic in any way shape or form. We are discussing a player's abilities. You would like to keep it to your agenda. Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for us, you don't have the power to do so.
False. The thread was not intended to discuss Jason Collin's overall abilities, but to discuss his inside finishing ability. See title. If you all would like to discuss his overall ability, go ahead and start a thread.

Or just use this one as, as you so eloquently pointed out, I don't have the power to stop you.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
7M3 said:
False. The thread was not intended to discuss Jason Collin's overall abilities, but to discuss his inside finishing ability. See title. If you all would like to discuss his overall ability, go ahead and start a thread.

Or just use this one as, as you so eloquently pointed out, I don't have the power to stop you.
I will use this one. Twin helps the Nets overall rebounding more than Swft, SAR or Marshall could.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rundmc00 said:
I will use this one. Twin helps the Nets overall rebounding more than Swft, SAR or Marshall could.
And surely you can prove this statistically.

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
rundmc00 said:
Im not a stat guy, but theres a difference between boxing out and actually getting the rebound. We could have had any of those guys plus Collins, I still feel it was a mistake not signing SAR.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rundmc00 said:
Huh? What are you saying?
Why are you getting so defensive? It's funny that you'd prefer to discuss Jason Collins overall game, as you're incapable of doing so. Whenever someone attempts to discuss his offensive game, all you can do is start screaming about his defensive game.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
7M3 said:
Why are you getting so defensive? It's funny that you'd prefer to discuss Jason Collins overall game, as you're incapable of doing so. Whenever someone attempts to discuss his offensive game, all you can do is start screaming about his defensive game.
I am fine talking about Twin's offensive game. It's obviously very limited. But his defense and team concepts make him a valuable asset.

Happy?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Hbwoy said:
It was a mistake not signing Marshall, period.
I have no problem with the whole SAR thing. It was not clear who was the best of the three to go after and SAR looked great on paper and has the relationship with Frank. If the knee looked so bad, it's just rotten luck. Maybe we could have recovered better (e.g., S&T for Hunter) but that's life.

Wright bugs me a lot more as it was simply stupid to draft a SG.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I wanted SAR and to trade a PF. When Granger fell, I too wanted him, someone that could play limited PF minutes too. Like RJ has done already this year.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 34 Posts