Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason Gardner Interview (HoopsHype.com) (1-8-04).
http://hoopshype.com/interviews/gardner_sierra.htm

You started the season in Slovenia. What went wrong there?

Jason Gardner: It was a tough situation there. There were a lot of changes. Changes of players, coaches... I didn't even know what was going on there, to tell you the truth. Fortunately, I'm in a better place now.

Is it a much better situation for you in Belgium?

JG: Definitely. Everybody is very professional here -- management, coaches, players... Everything has been good here so far.

But the competition there isn't very good, right?

JG: No, no. I think it's pretty good. I've played in only two games and we've faced good teams. Practices are very competitive with my team, too.

You were not drafted last June. Did you expect that to happen?

JG: Not at all. But it happened and you can't do anything about it. The only thing you can do is keep working hard and not lose perspective.

How did you take it? Was it frustrating?

JG: Yeah, a little bit. But you have to understand the NBA is a dream for everybody. It's a dream for everybody, but not everybody can't get there. In that situation, you just have to move on, keep your head over your shoulders and think that an opportunity will come if you work hard.

Do you think the main reason for not being drafted was your size?

JG: It's possible. But being small doesn't mean you can't play. You just have to play a little different. You have to shoot quicker. And in defense, you have to do things a little different. Besides, I'm 5-foot-10 and in the NBA there are a lot of point guard that are just six feet tall, so it's not that big of a difference.

Jason Gardner:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've heard of him for the first time when he was fired from Slovenian team and I have never seen him play, but Belgian league is nowhere near strong. He plays in good team himself (I mean in Belgian terms, not whole Europe), but other teams just suck there. So he just wants to make impresion that his numbers are made in good league, but I doubt that hes any good if he was fired from Slovenian club (stronger than Belgian but still)...

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Gardner is a good player in the next couple years he will be on a NBA team. The suns said that he woul be a good NBA player in a couple years in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts