Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I would think the nets would want something more then that for Kidd.

And the it could happen part...is that based off anything or did you just think this up?

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Unless LA has plans to make another deal to bring in a big man, I would not want to see this happen.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
i've heard that rumor too. all that would do is give NJ the same problem LA has this year - too many wing players, no pure post player or pg.

kidd would certainly help the lakers, but in a draft loaded with PG's and LA picking higher than they have in a while, they should try to trade odom for a big man who can score with his back to the bucket.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Rod Thorn does that, he should be summarily executed in front of the Nets faithful. JKidd is a Hall of Famer, and you want to trade him for Odom and a scrub? Keep dreaming.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Kidd probably has 2 good seasons left before his knees go out on him. If I were The Lakers, I would trade to get a young good player instead of a good/great older player who may me on his last legs. Isn't that one of the reasons The Lakers let go of Shaq? Getting long in the tooth and has been "injured" too many times?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
SeaNet said:

If Rod Thorn does that, he should be summarily executed in front of the Nets faithful. JKidd is a Hall of Famer, and you want to trade him for Odom and a scrub? Keep dreaming.
yah i dont see that deal happening...i doubt the lakers would do it either tho...because that leaves them unvbelievably short in the front court...and ever body knows expecially in the west...that the frontcourt is gonna get u places...if the lakers make that deal they will be lottery bound until they can get an inside presence....the Nets on the other hand...will just gets raped at the PG position....

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
Kidd probably has 2 good seasons left before his knees go out on him. If I were The Lakers, I would trade to get a young good player instead of a good/great older player who may me on his last legs. Isn't that one of the reasons The Lakers let go of Shaq? Getting long in the tooth and has been "injured" too many times?
Thank you for the medical update Dr. Tatahbenitez.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
You're welcome. :gbanana:
:laugh: :clap: :laugh:

Btw/ I was trying to rep you for that one, but I no longer appear to be able to rep people. Anyone know why that may be? And why can't you see who repped you any more?

·
Registered
394 Posts
SeaNet said:
Thank you for the medical update Dr. Tatahbenitez.
I actually got my doctorate in a cracker jack box. Screw all those years wasted at College. Just pop open a cracker jack box and you get an instant doctors degree :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SeaNet said:

I'm not a Lakers fan so I don't care. But Kidd wants out and if he becomes more stubborn in his demands this year they will trade him. There aren't many situations they can trade for. It could be a Shaq to Miami type scenario.

·
Registered
394 Posts
SeaNet said:
:laugh: :clap: :laugh:

Btw/ I was trying to rep you for that one, but I no longer appear to be able to rep people. Anyone know why that may be? And why can't you see who repped you any more?
Thanks. Although I can't fix your problem about repping people (sounds funny), you can now call me Dr. T. :clap:

·
Registered
394 Posts
sherwin said:
I'm not a Lakers fan so I don't care. But Kidd wants out and if he becomes more stubborn in his demands this year they will trade him. There aren't many situations they can trade for. It could be a Shaq to Miami type scenario.
That would make Miami's management as stoopid as Laker management. Which is saying a lot. Sorry, Miami fans. :mob:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I don't know about this trade offer. New Jersey is winning right now without Jefferson and next season when Jefferson is back, Odom would have to play PF. Odom is best suited at SF and New Jersey is stacked there. If New Jersey wanted a big man why wouldn't they go after Magloire from NO, everyone is said he is asking for a trade anyways. Plus NO has a PG need now that Baron is gone. I am not saying JKidd is a good fit in NO at all though. I don't see why NJ wouldn't be sticking with Kidd, VC, Jefferson lineup 1-3 next season.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
Thanks. Although I can't fix your problem about repping people (sounds funny), you can now call me Dr. T. :clap:
:laugh:, Dr. T, you got it. I'm guessing it has soemthing to do w/ my rep points dropping to zero while I was away for the weekend, which is also a mystery to me. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
im a big fan of jason kidd... plus i see wat quality PGs have done for Pheonix and GS.. im for it... then we could work on signing or drafting a big man...

Shobe's in lets do it

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
plus it would further entice Phil to come back... cuz he loves Jason Kidds game

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
From a (Net fan/Kobe hater's interpretation of a) Laker fan's perspective, I should add, that getting Jason Kidd is half of what the Lakers need. They need someone who Kobe would respect enough to allow him to take the ball out of his hands and concentrate on what he does best, scoring, wo/ having to worry about handling the ball all the time. The other thing they need, IMO, is improved inside play (including a post presense).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts