Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN is reporting that the Nets will likely try to trade Jason Kidd. Do the Cavs try to trade for Kidd? What can we give up? They would try for Boozer and Wagner and our #1. I would consider Wagner, Brown, Ollie and maybe the #1 for Kidd and whatever else.

They would not go after Z and they would push for Boozer hard as K-Mart is gone after this year. I can see Cuban going after K-Mart, a Texas native. I leave Boozer out of this because he and Bron are a great core.

That would leave NJ with 2 # 1’s, Juanny and young Kedrick…nice rebuilding package for Mr. Rater.

Would we want a sour Kidd coming in? We he be on board for run with us?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I dont really want him. If he were to come, it better be for passing ONLY. I'd rather have Jason Williams, who is talented and past first now, and low TOs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like clevelands young back court. Dajuans capable of playing a lot better than he is now. In time this will be the best back court in the league. I think Z is good, but with the players in Cleveland and being in the East I think they could be good with an athletic center like Stromile Swift. I think he would fit in a lot better with the Cavs.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I'd do it. They could have Z instead of Boozer.

Kidd
Brown
Lebron
Boozer
Diop

Yeah. That team would be in the NBA Finals right now. And by the time Kidd was ready to retire Lebron would be entirely ready.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Brown at the two??? No way, he is on the bench where he needs to be right now.

Wags at the 2. Brown is garbage

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CavsTalk</b>!
Brown at the two??? No way, he is on the bench where he needs to be right now.

Wags at the 2. Brown is garbage
Brown may be a lot of things. But Garbage is not one of them. He plays lockdown defense(witness what he did to Michael Redd after Redd lit Newble up in the first half), he rebounds, dunks around the basket, and can knock down the occasional 3. And he's young and can only get better as his confidence improves.

What exactly do you have against Brown?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I'd do it. They could have Z instead of Boozer.

Kidd
Brown
Lebron
Boozer
Diop

Yeah. That team would be in the NBA Finals right now. And by the time Kidd was ready to retire Lebron would be entirely ready.
If they think KMart will leave, I think they would want Boozer as part of the package.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
I dont really want him. If he were to come, it better be for passing ONLY. I'd rather have Jason Williams, who is talented and past first now, and low TOs.
Plus he's younger. He and LeBron can rule the backcourts for many years to come. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lockdown D? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, just because when he came here they said he had good D does not make him a lockdown defender. If he was that, he would of started for Boston under the defensive scheme Obrien had installed there.

He shows flashes of SOLID defense here and there, but is far, very far from a lockdown defender. Artest is lockdown, Brown is definently not.

Crawford made Brown look stupid three times on crossovers alone, then proceeded to drop 20+ points on him.

You can't name a player that Brown has shut down because he hasn't shut down one....Redd, no. Nobody locked him up.

For everytime you name somebody that he may have done a decent job on, I can name two that has made him look stupid.

He is a horrendous offensive player. He has no clue what to do with the rock. IF, and thats a big if, he makes a three, he sits in the corner hoping to make another one. He wont move. If he misses and misses, he might try to goto the rack, even then he is lost.

He is an OK player.....might grow some, but he will NEVER be a LOCKDOWN defender. He might be a decent to good defender in sometime to come, but that's about it. He is more like Darius Miles, but he actually has a decent jumper. Just a inbetween player. Solid journey man type.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CavsTalk</b>!
Lockdown D? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, just because when he came here they said he had good D does not make him a lockdown defender. If he was that, he would of started for Boston under the defensive scheme Obrien had installed there.

He shows flashes of SOLID defense here and there, but is far, very far from a lockdown defender. Artest is lockdown, Brown is definently not.

Crawford made Brown look stupid three times on crossovers alone, then proceeded to drop 20+ points on him.

You can't name a player that Brown has shut down because he hasn't shut down one....Redd, no. Nobody locked him up.

For everytime you name somebody that he may have done a decent job on, I can name two that has made him look stupid.

He is a horrendous offensive player. He has no clue what to do with the rock. IF, and thats a big if, he makes a three, he sits in the corner hoping to make another one. He wont move. If he misses and misses, he might try to goto the rack, even then he is lost.

He is an OK player.....might grow some, but he will NEVER be a LOCKDOWN defender. He might be a decent to good defender in sometime to come, but that's about it. He is more like Darius Miles, but he actually has a decent jumper. Just a inbetween player. Solid journey man type.
Wow. I wish I cared about Kedrick as much as you did. Why the animosity towards him?

And Petey, I think if the Nets got rid of Kidd, wouldn't they use the extra cap room they'd have down the road to allow themselves to match on Martin?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
And Petey, I think if the Nets got rid of Kidd, wouldn't they use the extra cap room they'd have down the road to allow themselves to match on Martin?
Maybe, who knows? Although I doubt taking on Z's contract would be in their favor. Heck Mutombo's contract ended the same season as Z's but they had no problems waiving him / buying him out.

-Petey

·
Registered
363 Posts

Wow. I wish I cared about Kedrick as much as you did. Why the animosity towards him?

I do care, I hope he becomes a star and helps this team, he is a Cav. But I call a spade a spade, if the guy is a bad player then he is a bad player. Im not going to be a homer about it.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Yeah, the point of the Kidd trade (in Chad Ford's eyes) was to be able to afford long term contracts for K-Mart and Jefferson.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts

Brown may be a lot of things. But Garbage is not one of them. He plays lockdown defense(witness what he did to Michael Redd after Redd lit Newble up in the first half), he rebounds, dunks around the basket, and can knock down the occasional 3. And he's young and can only get better as his confidence improves.

What exactly do you have against Brown?
He can't hit a Three. As Big John says, He should Get Fined For Shooting from the Perimeter. Other than that, he is almost as good as Artest and Bowen at perimeter defense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts