Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say the Lakers complete the sweep tomorrow and win the title. Do you think Kidd will re-sign with the Nets when his contract is up? I know there is one more year but this is as high as the Nets are going to get when it comes to winning. I remember reading an article on Kidd and he was asked if he would stay here in NJ, he said the Nets would have to be contenders. I consider making it to the Finals contenders, what do you think he will do?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I hope he re-signs, I have been a Suns fan (lived there) so JK is my fav. player but after he was traded I started to root for the Nets (I am happy and dissapointed about the NETS-CELTICS series ('cause I live in Boston)). I actually don't see why he would not resign, I mean he has never been in the Conf. finals before and he has yet made it to the NBA finals. I really hope they resign him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think he will. His wife likes the whole near NYC thing. I wouldnt think she would want to move to San Antonio. Dont get me wrong I love Texas, but it dose not have the same pizazz as the metro area. However, this offseason will be very big. Both JK and Rod Thorn know that to truly compete in the finals you need two top players. Not to say that either Martin or Jefferson will not turn into those type of players. However, Thorn knows Kidd is going to need another top 10 player before the contract is up.
If not JK could find one in San Antonio.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
well, i think it's kind of obvious that i want kidd to stay. and i think he might just stay. here's a few reasons why:

1.) rod thorn said he will do whatever it takes to keep kidd. he said he doesn't want the nets to repeat the mistake that they made with dr.j. back in the days.

2.) the number of nets fans is increasing. you can't go anywhere in jersey without seeing a person wearing a nets jersey. there's even houses here with banners that say "go nets" on them. my guess is that there will be a lot of sold out nets games in the meadowlands come regular season.

3.) the nets may be moving to an arena in newark, nj. now, in my opinion, that's a good move. i have no idea how to get to the meadowlands from jersey city other than by car (and it sucks because not everyone in jc or newark or other big cities in jersey have cars). public transportation to newark is very good, so that can lead to an increase in sales of tickets to nets games (especially in the two largest cities in jersey - newark and jersey city).

4.) joumana kidd said that she likes it in jersey and that she likes the people here (people in jersey are nice :D ). she also said that she doesn't want to do anymore moving. i think she will play a major role in jason's decision.

5.) jason said he likes it in jersey. he said he likes his teammates. from what i see, he seems happy. i take that as a good sign.

finally,
6.) the nets did extremely well this season (they went beyond anyone's expectations). i think that they will do well in the regular season. i can see them taking top seed in the eastern conference playoffs in the regular season again. if they won't be top seed, they will be up there (maybe second or third). and i think they can get somewhere in the playoffs again. so, if jason sees that the nets are good and he's taking them somewhere, why would he want to leave a winning team? and even if he went to a team like san antonio, he won't get the same attention as he gets here. everyone knows all the attention will go to duncan.

ok...i've said alot, haven't i? :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here's another reason that he should stick to New Jersey. He is planing on going to the San Antonio Spurs but that's to join Timmy Duncan, once he see's that Duncan is going to Orlando he'll just stay over there. :cool:

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by T-Mac
Here's another reason that he should stick to New Jersey. He is planing on going to the San Antonio Spurs but that's to join Timmy Duncan, once he see's that Duncan is going to Orlando he'll just stay over there. :cool:
um, nah

anyways, why join tim duncan and play beneath his shadow and be underrated like he was in his days in dallas and phoenix when he can be a star in jersey and get all of the attention he deserves?

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta

um, nah

anyways, why join tim duncan and play beneath his shadow and be underrated like he was in his days in dallas and phoenix when he can be a star in jersey and get all of the attention he deserves?
How was he underrated in Phoenix?
You mean by the way he failed to lead the suns to the second round for so many years?

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway

How was he underrated in Phoenix?
You mean by the way he failed to lead the suns to the second round for so many years?
ok, maybe it's because i'm in jersey, but kidd is getting so much more attention from the media and fans while in jersey than he did when he was in phoenix...i mean, i always liked kidd, but i rarely heard anything about him when he was in phoenix and in dallas.

plus, i don't remember him coming so close to winning mvp when he was in dallas or phoenix...

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by Brak
I think he will most definitely stay, the nets did an incredible job with the nets this season.
yeah, and i (and probably many other people) are anticipating another incredible season for the nets next season.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
yeah, there are articles similar to that one all over nj and ny newspapers. right now, it looks like kidd will stay under a few conditions - if the team continues doing well (or if they improve) and if they build a new arena in newark, nj (which is in the works). supposedly, kidd wants there to be a major scorer or rebounder on the nets (and i think rod thorn is looking into this). but overall, his wife said she's happy in jersey and that she doesn't want to do any more moving. and jason also said that he loves it in jersey and that he likes his teammates. so, who knows?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I see him staying and improving the Nets just like many of you guys, good luck once again!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I hope Jason stays with the Nets and makes them perennial contenders and a champion in the near future.

Reactions: Phenom Z28
1 - 20 of 24 Posts