Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special Wednesday edition. On o-live, 1pm with the Aussie, Eric and a few tips on how to tie a tie.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Breaking news re: Ruben Patterson

(Not a trade)

Jason Quick will break some news at 1 pm on his chat. Check it out.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Re: Breaking news re: Ruben Patterson

Fork said:
(Not a trade)

Jason Quick will break some news at 1 pm on his chat. Check it out.
probably nothing major. I bet it's just that RUbens either agree'd to a buy-out, waived as much of the kicker as possible, or agree'd to return to the team and 'accept his role' because he realized ' he needs to be a team player for my "rooks" ' or some such BS...only to repeat this fiasco later on in the season.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts

Hap said:
probably nothing major. I bet it's just that RUbens either agree'd to a buy-out, waived as much of the kicker as possible, or agree'd to return to the team and 'accept his role' because he realized ' he needs to be a team player for my "rooks" ' or some such BS...only to repeat this fiasco later on in the season.
My guess is either he waived the kicker or he's announced that he intends to opt out of his contract.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts

Fork said:
My guess is either he waived the kicker or he's announced that he intends to opt out of his contract.
YEah I bet he's agreed to waive as muck of the kicker as necessary....

Let's see he could waive up to 2 mil in kicker or he could waive 6.7mil in salary....You make the call

·
Registered
7,834 Posts

Relegated to locker room attendant.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts

Couple of things....Quick wouldn't be allowed to break news from the Blazers management, they do that on their own. My guess is Ruben is making a public apology or a request to be traded. Players go to Quick. to make announcements.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts

Schilly said:
YEah I bet he's agreed to waive as muck of the kicker as necessary....

Let's see he could waive up to 2 mil in kicker or he could waive 6.7mil in salary....You make the call
But an egotistic idiot like Patterson probably thinks he'll be able to sign a bigger contract if he opts out. In his mind, he won't be losing anything. I wouldn't be a bit surprised at just about anything that guy does. (Except play smart basketball, that would shock me.)

·
Registered
7,207 Posts

Its probably just Ruben announcing that he finally figured out he is named after a sandwich with Sourkraut on it and is changing his named to "Grilled Cheese". :eek8:

·
Registered
6,866 Posts

Could be the Blazers have decided to release him. And if so then I would expect a formal announcement soon. I can't see Nate wanting to keep a player around who is willing & able to get in his face during a game like that, and I CAN see him telling management to prove their support for him by releasing said player.

Although, they would still have to pay out his contract...

PBF

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Fork said:
But an egotistic idiot like Patterson probably thinks he'll be able to sign a bigger contract if he opts out. In his mind, he won't be losing anything. I wouldn't be a bit surprised at just about anything that guy does. (Except play smart basketball, that would shock me.)
Me neither. I find it hard to believe the announcement is that he's apologizing and wants to return to the team. He said some harsh things. "I just don't think they're going to be any good for 3-4 years". How do you apologize and just walk back into the locker room after that? Sorry guys, I know just told everybody that you suck, but I apologize. I don't think so. He basically put down everybody in the organization. I just can't see him accepting the same situation he couldn't 4 days ago. Some people might suggest it's in his best interest financially to accept the situation and keep his mouth shut. Well, I don't believe if he had a $100 million contract he could do that. He just isn't wired that way. On top of that, I can't see the other guys accepting him with open arms. He cut off his life line to the Blazers, I think he's gone. Whether it's a trade, or he walks . . . he doesn't play in a Blazer uniform again.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts

ProudBFan said:
Could be the Blazers have decided to release him. And if so then I would expect a formal announcement soon. I can't see Nate wanting to keep a player around who is willing & able to get in his face during a game like that, and I CAN see him telling management to prove their support for him by releasing said player.

Although, they would still have to pay out his contract...

PBF
Formal Announcement won't come via Quick Chat though.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts

So, let's connect the Quick dots...

1. Ruben gets sent home, but says he's getting together with "Biggie" in Memphis to talk things over before heading home to Portland.

2. Damon and the Quickster get together to remember the good ol' days and let Damon spout off about Nash.

3. Quick says on his blog that he's getting together with Damon again after the game.

4. Quick says he's going to announce "breaking news" regarding Ruben this afternoon.

Hmmmm. Anybody think that it'll be anything favorable to Blazers management?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

hm..he's having breaking news @ 1 pm..coincidentially at the time of his chat..

I wonder if maybe it's the announcement that Marc Iavaroni is being named coach.

I bet you the "breaking news" will not actually happen, because of some made up reason (the team changed it's mind" etc)

Maybe Quick is going to announce that he's releasing a song "The Ballad of Damon Stoudamire", sung to the tune of "The Ballod of Ira Hayes".

"They call him call him Stoner Mighty Mouse.. he won't answer anymore. Not the pot smoking moron, or the doofus who played so poor"

·
Registered
5,731 Posts

Breaking news doesn't wait for Quick to break it.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts

Maybe Quicks mommy never told him the one about the Little Boy WHo Cried Wolf.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts