Votes: 37 72.5%
  • It's even.

Votes: 3 5.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disregarding age, who would you rather have right now?

I was thinking about J-Rich during tonight's Warriors game... despite all the things he can do, he doesn't strike me as somebody who will be a top-tier player. Michael Finley came to me as a good comparison of the kind of player he could become. And then the Warriors commentators said the same thing.

So what do you think? Who is better right now, and do you think it's a good comparison?

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Holy freakin cow. It's like you read my mind or something, because I also thought about this comparison just recently. This is amazing. Anyway, I'd rather have Finley right now, just because he is a more consistent player than J-Rich.

In the long term Jason Richardson = Michael Finley. Both are very athletic, both like the mid-range shot, and both aren't as aggressive on offense as they should be IMO. I think that this is a very good comparison.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'd take J-Rich. Sure, I'm a bit biased but I really do like J-Rich. He always seems to make his open shots, he's becoming more agressive and getting to the line, whenever a run is going on he normally has some nice dunk or play to rally up the team and the crowd, his defense isn't all that bad. He could use on his ball-handling and passing skills, though.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I think it's a pretty good comparison, but age would've been the deciding factor in me picking J. Rich over Finley. With age not being an issue, it's no question in my mind that I'd take Finley.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Right now, I'd want Finley on my team. However, if I am a GM, I'll take JRich w/ his youth and his upside.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Before this season, there wasn't much reason to select Richardson.

But he's had a breakout season this year and I think he compares favourably with Finley and, since he's younger, is the more valuable player.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
jrich. similar talents but much more athletic this point. jrich is one of the best rebounding guards in the league and shoots a good percentage. granted, finley is a wily vet but i think that jrich has improved enough to warrant his selection.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I would probably take Finley even though he is a bit old...

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
For now, disregarding age, I'd definitely pick Finley over J-Rich.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Its almost like a win now or later question. JRich is a damn good player I'd love to have on my team but if I'm planning on making a playoff run this year I think Fin's experince gives him the edge. If I'm a team thats going to be watching the playoffs this season I'd take JRich.

I like to think of Jrich as a young Mike Finley. They are almost one in the same but a slight age difference.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Fin has been averaging 26ppg in the last 5 games. I like J-Rich right now and yeah he is the younger version of Fin. But for now, with no age wise, Id take Fin-dawg.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
J-Rich needs to start playing defense because he can even be compared to Finley.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
No it is not.
Joe Johnson can shut down top SGs and J-Rich couldn't guard Casey Jacobsen.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
No it is not.
Joe Johnson can shut down top SGs and J-Rich couldn't guard Casey Jacobsen.
No it is not.
Go watch some Warriors games before you comment. What advantage Joe Johnson has with his length, JRich made up for it with his hustles, and arguably technique. These two are pretty comparable IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts