Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Its a business. If Krause cannot guarantee that JC is going to be able to produce this year, then the guys value may drop. He also runs the risk of destroying chemistry with guys on the team choosing sides between Crawford and JWill. Now may be the perfect time to trade him, even if you think he should be given the chance to play. Risk versus reward is what needs to be weighed.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Originally posted by KC
- Threatening to skip the RMR because of JWill--- Unfounded rumor.
- Weak Play in the RMR--- He had two bad games. Everything else was steller. When he got good playing time, we saw good results.
- Skipping voluntary workouts--- Worked out for a month before voluntary workouts. Went back home for the first time in months.
- No show Jalen's game--- Was he invited? Tyson and Eddy didn't show up, maybe they deserve a spanking as well?
- No show JT's game--- Again, we don't know the facts.

totally agree, we have no clue what happened, maybe he just wanted some time off to go see his family

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Links

Bama,

You are kidn, right?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/chi/

"But Crawford threatened to skip summer league workouts and has complained that Williams already has the point guard job. "

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.../cs-020726bulls.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

That said, third-year guard Crawford is a proud and sensitive type who is intent on starting this season.
Krause remains extremely high on Crawford. But even Krause's loyalty was tested when Crawford returned to his native Seattle for two weeks following the draft rather than participating in voluntary workouts with teammates at the Berto Center.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...725bullscharity.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

(From July 25)
Rose, Eddy Curry, Marcus Fizer, Jamal Crawford and Jay Williams are the Bulls who are scheduled to play, joining All-Stars Chris Webber from Sacramento, Antoine Walker from Boston and Kevin Garnett from Minnesota.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls_story.asp?intID=3746532

(From July 28)
The notable no-shows were Kevin Garnett and Bulls guard Jamal Crawford. Bulls center Eddy Curry was at the arena but did not play because of a blister on his foot.

The Bulls' summer-league squad completed play at the Rocky Mountain Revue in Salt Lake City on Friday. Williams was the only one who made the flight back from Utah on Saturday morning and then took the court.

From ESPN and the Sun Times back in March... if you don't believe it, go dig up the link yourself. If you don't belive it, you're flat out calling me a liar, which I don't appreciate:

"They've been saying I'm the point guard of the future, so it would kind of be like, 'Why have you been saying that if you're going to draft him?' " Crawford told the Chicago Sun Times. "But things happen. I think they should draft the best available player, and if that's him, I think they should draft him."

The 6-foot-5 Crawford, like Rose, is a little obsessed with being labeled a point guard.

"I'm a basketball player first, and I think my natural position is point guard,"

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Re: Re: Jay Will comments on poor summer league ; Battles with Crawford

Originally posted by BullsNews

Why is it that a home-town writer can't get his facts straight? Hassell started most of the season, fine. EC and TC started 30-something games each, which isn't much of the season, but I'll let that slide (even though starting less than half of your team's games doesn't qualify as "much" of the season).

But JC started 6 games- what the hell?

It seems to me as if Modrowski is trying to make things look worse than they really are.
Modrowski and Mariotti are best friends.

He's a basher, not a fan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want to know something
Krause almost refuses to trade jc eve though we have his replacement in camp. yet all us fans seam to think that he is somehow defecent in so many things. and an many well respected scouts ans gms seam to think that he is pretty good
what makes the jc detractes more knowledgable then all these profesional ?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by Coldchi2
I want to know something
Krause almost refuses to trade jc eve though we have his replacement in camp. yet all us fans seam to think that he is somehow defecent in so many things. and an many well respected scouts ans gms seam to think that he is pretty good
what makes the jc detractes more knowledgable then all these profesional ?
That isn't why.

Krause can't get any value for him... 1) He is on his rookie deal, so he is a cheap contract and 2) He hasn't proven anything, so who would want to deal for him?

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Krause can't get any value for him... 1) He is on his rookie deal, so he is a cheap contract

There are no other good players on their rookie contracts? Also, has the multi-player deal been outlawed?

and 2) He hasn't proven anything, so who would want to deal for him?

Gordan Giricek, Jiri Welsch, Dan Dickau, Courtney Alexander, Pau Gasol, Zeljko Rebraca, Tyson Chandler, Brendan Haywood, and Eddie Griffin are just some of the unproven players who have been traded in the last year or so.

That said, I believe Krause's asking price for Crawford is steeper than any other teams may be willing to pay (which is fine), but for that reason he is unlikely to be moved.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by Kneepad
Krause can't get any value for him... 1) He is on his rookie deal, so he is a cheap contract

There are no other good players on their rookie contracts? Also, has the multi-player deal been outlawed?

and 2) He hasn't proven anything, so who would want to deal for him?

Gordan Giricek, Jiri Welsch, Dan Dickau, Courtney Alexander, Pau Gasol, Zeljko Rebraca, Tyson Chandler, Brendan Haywood, and Eddie Griffin are just some of the unproven players who have been traded in the last year or so.

That said, I believe Krause's asking price for Crawford is steeper than any other teams may be willing to pay (which is fine), but for that reason he is unlikely to be moved.
That is what I was hinting at... but your 2nd part is a bit off. All of those players are recent draftees and had little or no play under their belts. Crawford is now in his 3rd year. I know it isn't a big difference, but it is in todays NBA when GMS draft 18 year olds instead of college kids because of "potential."

21 - 28 of 28 Posts