Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Bulls guard Jason Williams, who suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident in 2003, said he has completed the last of his seven scheduled surgeries and hopes to be in an NBA training camp this fall.
-- Chicago Sun-Times

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/03/31/truth.rumors.nba/index.html

While I know that this topic has been discussed in the past, I don't think we ever knew that JW definitely intended to comeback.

I'm not sure that the Bulls would be interested now (especially if they want to keep Duhon), but you at least have to be curious about the possibility of JW in the Bulls' camp/summer league team.

If he ever got back near his old skills, a backcourt of Gordon & JW would be incredible to watch.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
I'm really happy for Jay that he's gotten far enough to try for this. He'd be a perfect fit with the Bobcats. Brevin Knight will be 30 years old this year, and he's not signed for next year.

We'll see if he really does give the Bulls the first right of refusal and what they say thereafter.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
last we heard jwill thought he was on his last of three scheduled surgerys -- now he just finished his seventh :eek8: . its a tough road, to make it back from injury like that and kudos to him for still fighting.

as far as finding a spot for jwill on the bulls, you can never have too many assets. if there's room for a three guard lineup with ben, hinrich, and duhon, then there's roster space for jwill. how fun a lineup would that be? pair noce and tyson in the front court, and you have a team that get up and down the court in a hurrry . . . :drool: one can only dream.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darius Miles Davis said:
We'll see if he really does give the Bulls the first right of refusal and what they say thereafter.
I have no specific reason for this, but I think that he will gives the Bulls the first shot (as a formality) - and Pax will simply turn him down. I just have a hunch that the Bulls are ready to move on, which would be too bad if JW can get some skills back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts