Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at least for now anyways. The buyout was reached and agreed upon today. Apparently in the 3 million dollar range according to Duffy, Williams' agent. So we are down to 14 players. Let the trade talk heat up!

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Good for the Bulls to do good by their man...and get some good PR around the league. And I'm glad for Jay, and wish him the best. My God, if he ever pulled off the improbable and played for the Bulls again (and was effective) it would be the sports story of the Century.

Imagine the movie -- who plays Jay?

·
Registered
246 Posts
"who plays Jay?"

Duane Martin. . . he still looks young enough, and he has game.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
Good for the Bulls to do good by their man...and get some good PR around the league. And I'm glad for Jay, and wish him the best. My God, if he ever pulled off the improbable and played for the Bulls again (and was effective) it would be the sports story of the Century.

Imagine the movie -- who plays Jay?
Bobby Hurley ( with a tan )

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but why did Chicago do a buyout? Couldn't they have terminated his contract for breaking some type of clause? I mean if he did have such a clause, which I remember some fans saying he had, isn't 3 million a bit excessive?

-Petey

·
Registered
420 Posts
yes

Exactly my thoughts. Granted it's an unfortunate situation, the fact is that HE BROKE the terms of his contract. Nobody made him do it. If antbody in the real work did this they would be fired. He doesnt deserve anything from the bulls. He brought this upon himself.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
Not to be a jerk, but why did Chicago do a buyout? Couldn't they have terminated his contract for breaking some type of clause? I mean if he did have such a clause, which I remember some fans saying he had, isn't 3 million a bit excessive?

-Petey
It's more a PR move than anything, IMO. It may have looked insensitive to void his contract. As much as JWill was foolish and brought the situation on himself, his career is probably over. His career was taken by one mistake. If every time we made a mistake and it cost us our career, life would be bad.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
A team insider said the Bulls are trying to reach an agreement with Williams to work for the organization in some other capacity until he can play again.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-jwill03.html

and

The Bulls will release Williams and open a roster spot. But Duffy has said that Williams plans to re-sign with the Bulls if he is able to play basketball again.
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp

if these two quotes work out then this is a good step to the bulls getting first dibs on a jwill comeback. bulls give jay a nice settlement, put him to work to earn more money, and if the rehab takes longer than his initial rookie contract the bulls don't have to worry about taking a gamble at an extension to retain his rights or some team desperate for a pg to take the gamble. and this should keep him off the expansion protection list. pretty slick.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
anyone courious about the timing with this? Jay is now out of the nba and since Sunday, AD, JYD and Jeffries can be traded??

Maybe nothing to it, but look for a 2 for three type trade.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wait, Ed Harris would make a better Scott Skiles. But it's a Billy Murray type film, he'd be worked in it somewhere. Maybe he could be Kirk. And then they have an emotional locker room scene in which Kirk (played by Murray) embraces Jay (in a non gay way) and resigns his starting spot to him like Vince Carter did to Jordan, and then Jay retaliates by putting up 20 and 10, and setting up Kirk for the championship winning 3 pointer, which is filmed in one of those slow motion montage ways with dramatic camera angles of everyone's face. And it bounces around the rim. And there's a dramatic movie score playing. And someone shouts "NO!!". And Kirk holds on to the follow through. And whispers "come on". And then it drops, and the silence turns into the crowd roaring, and more non-gay hugging.

Yeah, good film this.....

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ShamBulls</b>!
Wait, Ed Harris would make a better Scott Skiles. But it's a Billy Murray type film, he'd be worked in it somewhere. Maybe he could be Kirk. And then they have an emotional locker room scene in which Kirk (played by Murray) embraces Jay (in a non gay way) and resigns his starting spot to him like Vince Carter did to Jordan, and then Jay retaliates by putting up 20 and 10, and setting up Kirk for the championship winning 3 pointer, which is filmed in one of those slow motion montage ways with dramatic camera angles of everyone's face. And it bounces around the rim. And there's a dramatic movie score playing. And someone shouts "NO!!". And Kirk holds on to the follow through. And whispers "come on". And then it drops, and the silence turns into the crowd roaring, and more non-gay hugging.

Why all the non-gay hugging? I think instead all of the players should reach over and expose the right breast of the player next to them....

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wynn</b>!

Why all the non-gay hugging? I think instead all of the players should reach over and expose the right breast of the player next to them....
I see you've been hanging out in all male German cabaret clubs

Very Les Boys !

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Plus I don't think there is anything wrong with molesting your teammmate whilst in the throes of victory esctasy

Bit of a fiddle , a fondle , a grope , hell even a bit of dry shag is an entirely manly way to express one's exuberance

I used to think a nod of their head and a handshake was the limits of decency but I took my awhile to get outside of my repressed self

And now ? Whew ... I'm loving it !

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ShamBulls</b>!

Ed Harris tries to one-up Gene Hackman and insists on 5 passes before shooting.

Eva Mendez plays somebodies love interest. Somebody, anybody.

Haley Joel Osment as referee Jess Kersey. ;)

And yes, plenty of non-gay hugging. Disney-style

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
That's it! The love interest that tries to tear apart Kirk and Jay. But they see through her mainpulating schemes to pit them against each other, and thy both ditch her, leaving her on her own. This reverses the fortune of the suffering Bulls team, and they go on to win the championship (lead by Kirk and Jay), and have lots of celebrations and non gay hugs and stuff (no dry shags :naughty: ). Then Kirk and Jay elope, start a family, buy a cattle farm, hire Rick Brunson (played by British actor Stephen Graham (Tommy in Snatch) for no reason other than the fact he looks lie him) as a milk curdler, Corie Blount (played by Dr Dre, same reason) is suddenly a bear back rodeo rider with a hat fetish......

:shy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts