1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jazz sign Mikki Moore

Jazz sign Moore (1-28-04).
http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/moore_012804.html

Salt Lake City --- Utah Jazz Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Kevin O'Connor announced today that the team has signed 7-0 center Mikki Moore to a 10-day contract.

Moore, a five-year NBA veteran has played in 154 career games, including 142 with the Detroit Pistons from 1998-2002 and has played briefly with the Boston Celtics, Atlanta Hawks and most recently with the New Jersey Nets. He played in four games with the Nets earlier this season, where he averaged just 0.5 points in 2.5 minutes. He had his best season with the Pistons in 2000-01 when he played in 81 games and averaged a career-high 7.9 points and 3.9 rebounds while playing 14.2 minutes per game.

Mikki Moore:

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I think he should be able to help out, he is a good rebounder and shot-blocker. He has just been with the nets, but they didn´use him much... If he gets some minutes he is a bonus for the team!

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
He might get some good minutes until Clark comes back (if he's not traded before then). In one of his earliest seasons he averaged 8ppg and 4rpg in 16mpg.. not bad for a reserve by any means.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bballer27</b>!
great now they have a decent backup center
ummm well mikki back in detroit wasnt exactly decent. Those 8ppg, i wont take away from him and it was in limited minutes, but the guy looks very very tentitive out there. I dont think he quite knew what he was doing, understandable though cuz back then he was quite young.

hopefully he has improved. But i remain skeptical. He still has that same toothpick frame also. Man thats not encouraging, if he really wanted to make it somewhere after all these years you'd think he'd bulk up a little bit.

i mean i have the smallest bone structure in the world, but after alot of hard work, ive noticably gained alot of bulk for a naturally skinny guy with a hardcore fast metabolism like me. If i can do it, so can mikki!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I haven't heard great things about the guy so far, but I will reserve judgement. Maybe SLoan will get the best out of him.

On a related topic, how has COllins been playing lately? His numbers have been improved since Handlogten went down - is this just due to increased minutes, or is he playing better?

Sorry - impossible to see the Jazz in Britain.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Collins looks like he is finally regaining some of his speed/agility after the injury. He has shown some nice touch around the basket, but he and Ostertag get a ton of easy shots because Arroyo/AK both make amazing entry passes to the post..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts