Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
http://ultimateknicks.com/redir.asp...00p-21191c.html

Wow thats alot of career assists on your roster!!
Wow, they have over 25,000 assists combined!!!

As a Knicks fan, I am curious on what your take is on Mark Jackson right now and how much do you think he can help the Jazz this year?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jazzball whats up?.. I wouldnt expect a whole lot. Jax was never a good defender and as he has aged its become more of a problem. He is a great floor leader and what two better mentors for Lopez than Stockton and Jackson. Jackson had his moments last year but he doesnt have much left in the tank. He will make a great NBA coach one day which he inspires to do so he will be a wonderful locker room presence and extra assistant coach. A good emergency starter if Stockton gets hurt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Fordy, what's up? Thanks for the info on Mark Jackson. That's about what I thought on Mark Jackson, I just wanted the info from somebody who has seen Mark Jackson play more than I have. Sounds like he is better than any of the Jazz point guards (besides Stockton) that the Jazz currently have and will benefit both the Jazz and Mark Jackson himself to come off the bench.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fordy74</b>!
Hey Jazzball whats up?.. I wouldnt expect a whole lot. Jax was never a good defender and as he has aged its become more of a problem. He is a great floor leader and what two better mentors for Lopez than Stockton and Jackson. Jackson had his moments last year but he doesnt have much left in the tank. He will make a great NBA coach one day which he inspires to do so he will be a wonderful locker room presence and extra assistant coach. A good emergency starter if Stockton gets hurt.
All I am expecting is for him to play 15-20 backup minutes, provide leadership to the young players, and be insurance in case Stockton is injured. I think he is capable of that.

BTW It is official. Here is the link
http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/jackson_100202.html

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They have 2 young PGs, Arroyo and Lopez who both show promise but need time to learn the system. The Jazz system is complex and difficult for the PG. PG is also the key to the Jazz success. If Stockton got hurt this team would be a lottery team without a PG who can step in and contribute immediately. Lopez is also injured and will miss most if not all this season. Arroyo is probably not ready to contribute yet. The Jazz don't want to go into the season with a backup PG who has is a second year player and has only played a grand total of 371 minutes in 37 total games. I think Jackson is a great pickup especially for the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts