Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like Jamals last couple of games, and Im talking about his personal game not the fact that we lost, he is actually taking it the rim on a consistent basis. Against denver he missed a couple of shots & got one blocked BUT thats ok because that means he's playing aggressively and even while he was "hot" from the 3 pt line, he still took it the hole on a couple of occasions. Also JC was out on the fastbreak, he took it strong to the rim, and layed it up instead of pulling up for a jumper. At one point he took an extra dribble (probably traveled) in order to gather himself and take a foul and still lay it up. Down side: I think he missed the shot & it looked like he got fouled but no call. But thats not the point here. And curry

WOW this guy is really starting to piss me off. I dont' care if he gets 20 points! They were (denver & LA) getting offensive rebounds during the whole game and its so obvious curry is not even in the right position to attempt to battle. TWO rebounds in the fouth quarter yesterday, WHAT A JOKE! Im really surprised that Skiles didn't take him out just for not rebounding.
And if I see one more no-name player blow by him w/ one dribble, im gonna puke. I know Eddy does it sometimes himself, cause eddy is young & quick but these other scrubs who are even slower than Eddy make an upfake and take it to the rim.
I think Im gonna starting bashing curry all the time now until next season starts then I'll give him a chance and if by next season at the all-star game if he doesn't show improvement than I will demand a trade on a consistent basis.
BTW, do not trade JC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Glad to see someone giving Jamal some props. His game has definitley improved over the last six or seven games. He is driving to the hole, playing better defense, and generally doing most of the things he needs to do.

Curry...was tied with Earl Boykins with 2 rebounds last night...that speaks volumes.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Jamal's been decent these last few games. He's pentrating more but I still wish he'd take one more dribble and get to the rim instead of setteling for that 8ft floater. I think he'll do more of that as he gets used to the contact and realizes that he'll survive some hard fouls. He's been pretty darn solid. Still takes some ill-advised shots but you can tell that some things are starting to sink in. With every solid game he's adding to his potential payoff this summer whether it be with the Bulls or some other suitor.

Curry was fine on the offensive side of the ball last night. He and Nene were going at it and Eddy didn't back down. That was good to see. He really needs to work on some post moves because he still turns exclusively to his right and puts up a jump hook. There were times when Anderson was guarding him that if he would have just spun to his left he'd have had an uncontested dunk. On defense. He's got a looonnnngggg way to go. Does he have some sort of congenital condition that prevents him from getting his arms up to get a rebound? It looks like he's starting to put forth some effort but it isn't nearly enough. Kaman made him look pretty bad in LA and Nene, Anderson and whomever their thrid string center is, were having a field day with him.
He's got a lot of work to do this summer but I wouldn't quit on him yet. He still is only 21 and he's got a long career ahead of him.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Curry...was tied with Earl Boykins with 2 rebounds last night...that speaks volumes.
Glad he guaranteed that win....

·
Registered
454 Posts
i'm not sure if this has been stated yet, b;ut i just read on cbs sportsline Jamal had an 'eye' on Denver over the summer when he becomes a RFA. The;y quoted him saying that he has an eye on them because theyre a young up and coming team~

Wonder if this means Paxson tries to trade Jamal before the deadline even more now.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fl_flash</b>!
Jamal's been decent these last few games. He's pentrating more but I still wish he'd take one more dribble and get to the rim instead of setteling for that 8ft floater. I think he'll do more of that as he gets used to the contact and realizes that he'll survive some hard fouls. He's been pretty darn solid. Still takes some ill-advised shots but you can tell that some things are starting to sink in. With every solid game he's adding to his potential payoff this summer whether it be with the Bulls or some other suitor.

Curry was fine on the offensive side of the ball last night. He and Nene were going at it and Eddy didn't back down. That was good to see. He really needs to work on some post moves because he still turns exclusively to his right and puts up a jump hook. There were times when Anderson was guarding him that if he would have just spun to his left he'd have had an uncontested dunk. On defense. He's got a looonnnngggg way to go. Does he have some sort of congenital condition that prevents him from getting his arms up to get a rebound? It looks like he's starting to put forth some effort but it isn't nearly enough. Kaman made him look pretty bad in LA and Nene, Anderson and whomever their thrid string center is, were having a field day with him.
He's got a lot of work to do this summer but I wouldn't quit on him yet. He still is only 21 and he's got a long career ahead of him.

great post. it is like waiting for the lightbulb to go off with jamal - that he WILL survive if he makes contact. or if he takes a charge.
i agree with you that he has improved his defense, but last night when he didn't get down on the floor for the loose ball and skiles pulls him 88 SECONDS into the game...i just begin to wonder. shouldn't that be instinct?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Leaving size out of the equation, does Curry's game remind anyone else of Stacey King's?

:laugh: My grandad said that the other night .Highly skilled but doesnt play with any urgency .

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Leaving size out of the equation, does Curry's game remind anyone else of Stacey King's?
Yes! Big guy with smooth moves around the basket, problem keeping weight off, comes off as being lazy and dominant before coming to the NBA with huge expectations.

Stacey never came close to living up to them.

Eddy? To be continued...

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
stacey king highly dissappointed me!!I was depressed all of the time he played for us. Excellent College player. Awful Pro.

I hope you are wrong, Mikedc. I do not want to be any more depressed than I am now.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
With the simple act of taking the ball to the hoop strong, Jamal's game has elevated to another level the last few games. Generally speaking, his effort is nice, and he appears to be continually learning (and trying to learn) on the court, which is good. It seems as if he's making a concerted effort to improve his game...if he continues to improve, the sky's the limit for him.

As for Curry....no comment.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yeah. Jamal's been improving in all facets of his game since Skiles came aboard. Sometimes it's been ugly. Sometimes it's been beautiful, but for the most part he's been moving forward in every game on some level.

I still think he's better of on another team. I think he is a PG more than anything. And in the right situation it could really work out well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts