Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As must as i like jamal crawford he is like one of my favorite players on the bulls. But i think the bulls should trade him. Crawford has been showing some negativity. First crawford said that he would be okay playing with jwill and the he dont mind playing the 2. Crawford in my option has a problem with playing the 2 in summer league play even though these games dont mean nothing he was playing good in the first 2 games where he played the point for the bulls. But the rest of the games he didnt do nothing when he started playing the 2. Also jc threatened to skip the Rocky Mountain Revue because he was being treated unfairly in regards to the Bulls giving JWill the PG spot and also skipped voluntary workouts to go home to Seattle what kind of hard worker is that. JC dosent like playing the 2 and he is already showing sings off that in the summer. Thats why i think we should trade JC for another good player. Jc is gonna be good but i think we should trade him. If we keep him their will be problems.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by holv03
As must as i like jamal crawford he is like one of my favorite players on the bulls. But i think the bulls should trade him. Crawford has been showing some negativity. First crawford said that he would be okay playing with jwill and the he dont mind playing the 2. Crawford in my option has a problem with playing the 2 in summer league play even though these games dont mean nothing he was playing good in the first 2 games where he played the point for the bulls. But the rest of the games he didnt do nothing when he started playing the 2. Also jc threatened to skip the Rocky Mountain Revue because he was being treated unfairly in regards to the Bulls giving JWill the PG spot and also skipped voluntary workouts to go home to Seattle what kind of hard worker is that. JC dosent like playing the 2 and he is already showing sings off that in the summer. Thats why i think we should trade JC for another good player. Jc is gonna be good but i think we should trade him. If we keep him their will be problems.
You wanted us to draft Diop last year.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
i agree that he's not a good fit-but i think they should wait a year and drive up his value before trading him.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: JC should be TRADED

Originally posted by Songcycle

no i just said that diop would be good pick but i said that iwanted jason richardson i never said that i wanted diop. I have always wanted the bulls to draft jrich.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
You calling Diop a bust?

Name Min Ast TO Reb Blks Pts
Diop 28.4 0.8 2.4 8.0 4.4 6.8
Chandler 25.0 0.7 2.2 7.0 1.3 8.2

Summer League stats of course but he seems to be doing ok.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Re: Re: JC should be TRADED

Diop was hurt much of last year. I don't see how he could be labeled a bust because he didn't produce as an injured 19 year old straight-out-of-highschool rookie any more than Crawford could be labeled a bust because HE is raw and missed time with injury.

Anyway, back to the main topic. I think it's instructive that the points Holv is making are NOT the criticism s one might point to that Crawford has in common with Diop.

That is, it's not being said that Crawford, like Diop, is "too raw" or "hurt too much". If that were the case, I'd agree that it's unfair to consider trading Crawford.

That's not the case though. The issues with Crawford and the Bulls are completely different. First, it's totally legit to say that he may not fit in on the team in the long run. We didn't draft JWill to ride the piine and we didn't draft Crawford to ride the pine. So, why is it such a crime to consider a trade? Second, Crawford doesn't appear happy with the prospect of an all-out competition for the PG job with JWill. One or two of these "rumors" might be dismissed, but they're mounting daily. It's not just one or two. Where there's smoke, there's usually some fire. Anyway, given his potential unhappiness, I don't see why a trade shouldn't be considered.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
You calling Diop a bust?

After watching Diop in the summer leagues, I was very impressed with his development since last season. His body was awesome and he seemed like he loved to fill that lane.

I think he can turn into a poor mans Dikembe Mutumbo and may be better if he develops some good post moves. I bet Z hates being guarded by him in practice already.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Some of U are talking crazy!! LOL

Originally posted by BCH
You calling Diop a bust?

WHY ARE PEOPLE PLACING SO MUCH IMPORTANCE ON THE RMR??? This is utterly OBSURD!!! We need to wait until regular season before we compare ANY stats, huh? All this garbage going around about JC, trade em....keep em...forget about em....geez louise....WAIT UNTIL THE SEASON STARTS AND THEN SEE HOW HE IS PLAYING??? Don't any of you think IF there was a slightest chance of a problem that Krause will be the first to make a deal before the season starts for Crawford??? man, lets settle down! Some of these posts are ridiculous and not very well thought over before posting...LOL GO BULLS ~~~:sigh:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Re: Re: Re: JC should be TRADED

Originally posted by Mikedc

Diop was hurt much of last year. I don't see how he could be labeled a bust because he didn't produce as an injured 19 year old straight-out-of-highschool rookie any more than Crawford could be labeled a bust because HE is raw and missed time with injury.

Anyway, back to the main topic. I think it's instructive that the points Holv is making are NOT the criticism s one might point to that Crawford has in common with Diop.

That is, it's not being said that Crawford, like Diop, is "too raw" or "hurt too much". If that were the case, I'd agree that it's unfair to consider trading Crawford.

That's not the case though. The issues with Crawford and the Bulls are completely different. First, it's totally legit to say that he may not fit in on the team in the long run. We didn't draft JWill to ride the piine and we didn't draft Crawford to ride the pine. So, why is it such a crime to consider a trade? Second, Crawford doesn't appear happy with the prospect of an all-out competition for the PG job with JWill. One or two of these "rumors" might be dismissed, but they're mounting daily. It's not just one or two. Where there's smoke, there's usually some fire. Anyway, given his potential unhappiness, I don't see why a trade shouldn't be considered.
Amen.

Preach on Brother Mike.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Re: Some of U are talking crazy!! LOL

Originally posted by BamaBull

WHY ARE PEOPLE PLACING SO MUCH IMPORTANCE ON THE RMR??? This is utterly OBSURD!!! We need to wait until regular season before we compare ANY stats, huh? All this garbage going around about JC, trade em....keep em...forget about em....geez louise....WAIT UNTIL THE SEASON STARTS AND THEN SEE HOW HE IS PLAYING??? Don't any of you think IF there was a slightest chance of a problem that Krause will be the first to make a deal before the season starts for Crawford??? man, lets settle down! Some of these posts are ridiculous and not very well thought over before posting...LOL GO BULLS ~~~:sigh:
It is not absurd. It is comparing two players who both seem to be doing just fine. They are both at the same point in their career and the criteria is the same summer league. It is just a comparison, not a statement on either's ability.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by RetroDreams

After watching Diop in the summer leagues, I was very impressed with his development since last season. His body was awesome and he seemed like he loved to fill that lane.

I think he can turn into a poor mans Dikembe Mutumbo and may be better if he develops some good post moves. I bet Z hates being guarded by him in practice already.
I saw him play a couple of games against the Wizards last year and the guy can play. He did not seem awkward or tentative. I think your analysis is spot on.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Re: Some of U are talking crazy!! LOL

Originally posted by BamaBull

Simple... it's all you can base an opinion on.

You can only form an educated opinion on what you've seen personally, or stats and production from their play.

Since most of these kids are "potential kids," have little or no college experience, and didn't play much in their rookie years, you go with what you know.

Which that "know" right now is how they performed at the RMR.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
You calling Diop a bust?

No I wasn't, I was calling holv03 for bad decisions for the Bulls and switching opinions. It is too early to call anybody who would be college sophmore a bust, but he did campaign for Diop on RealGM last year and I brought up a link to show reality.
BCH, you and I have agreed about how worthless the summer league games are, so why are you bringing up these stats?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Diop has the body to be a good NBA center in this league. If he stays healthy he just might be a force. I hope he plays up to his potential. That would make the league that much better.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts

No I wasn't, I was calling holv03 for bad decisions for the Bulls and switching opinions. It is too early to call anybody who would be college sophmore a bust, but he did campaign for Diop on RealGM last year and I brought up a link to show reality.
BCH, you and I have agreed about how worthless the summer league games are, so why are you bringing up these stats?
You imply that holv3 made a bad decision in saying the Bulls should take Diop. I don't think Diop has done anything yet in his career to make anyone regret taking him, and I am implying that you can't judge holv3 yet on whether or not he wanted to take Diop. If he wanted the guy, as you indicate and show with your link, hold it against him in a few years if Diop turns out to be a bust.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by BCH

You imply that holv3 made a bad decision in saying the Bulls should take Diop. I don't think Diop has done anything yet in his career to make anyone regret taking him, and I am implying that you can't judge holv3 yet on whether or not he wanted to take Diop. If he wanted the guy, as you indicate and show with your link, hold it against him in a few years if Diop turns out to be a bust.
No, he has made multiple claims between RealGM and here,none of which jive with his stated opinion at the time it mattered. He championed Diop on RealGM predraft last year and now he says he wanted Jason Richardson. I went to the RealGM archives to show his real on the record thoughts.

If you can't buy his on the record thoughts at the time they counted, then I question your take on reality. He came out stongly for Diop and Cisse. if he turns out right, lets give him credit If not lets react accordingly.But let's be real about our statements, You will find me on record last year for Curry and Battier not Chandler and I will live with that reality. That is what I said at the time and if you go to the RealGM archives before the draft, I am on record. Right or wrong, I am on record, so is Holv03, And his perpetual denial of his on record thoughts, do blemish his opinions.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I am not disagreeing with you. Your first reply though had nothing to do really with what he was saying. He didn't mention Diop.

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
What the hell does bashing each other have to do with basketball?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Stop this bashing. We all have faults. Some real some imagined. We all have opinions. Lets keep this mature and respectful. Bringing up faults of a poster either real or imagained has nothing to do with basketball!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts