Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to let people know, the people who complain about Jcraw not drivin to the hoop, the reason why he didnt do it last year was because he said he still felt nervous about contact (wouldnt u after u came back from an acl injury much earlier than expected), now he has shed the brace and is ready to have a breakout year.

JC=2003 most improved player

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Originally posted by Crawscrew
just to let people know, the people who complain about Jcraw not drivin to the hoop, the reason why he didnt do it last year was because he said he still felt nervous about contact (wouldnt u after u came back from an acl injury much earlier than expected), now he has shed the brace and is ready to have a breakout year.

JC=2003 most improved player
what was his excuse BEFORE his injury?:grinning:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just watched him play today against Dallas at the Rocky Mountain Review, and he didn't take it all the way to the hole. He pulled up and let fly tear drop floaters that swished every time. I don't think he'll be jammin like Hassell or Erob this season. He's not that type of player. but he can score just as well with his floater. THere are lots of guards who have perfected the floater, and I think he's going to be one of those types of players. Of course this makes it more difficult for him to go to the line. He only got fouled once this past game, and he was on the perimeter.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I think we can all take these summer league games with a grain of salt (for the most part). The fact that JC had 7 turnovers and didn't go hard to the rim, really doesn't mean a whole lot. These games tend to be very sloppy, so you can expect a lot of turnovers. Since I didn't see the game, I can't comment on the quality of his turnovers. Nor can I comment on his moves to the basket. But based on what I've seen of him last year, I have no doubt that he'll take it to the hole when the opportunity to do so is there. He might even dunk on a player or two. But generally speaking he's more of a finesse player. With JWill fighting for a starting position, JC will have to take better care of the basketball when the season starts.

As for Hassell, he's a solid player. And for those of you who think the Bulls' backcourt will be comprised of JC and JWill, think again. Hassell is too good of a defender not to have on the court. People forget that Trenton Hassell is the guy who made Mercer and Artest both expendable. The guy wasn't named the Bulls' MVP for nothing.

For the 2003 season, expect to see JC at PG, Trenton at SG, Rose at SF, Chandler at PF, and Curry at C. The 2nd unit will be JWill, Mason, ERob, Fizer, and an unnamed free agent (perhaps Kevin Willis).

·
Registered
593 Posts
JC is most-def a finesse player. I couldn't agree more. 7 turnovers is not quite representative of what JC did. At least three of those came off of wicked passes to curry and chandler which they simply failed to capitalize on.

I agree that Hassell is too good to play behind JC at the 2. Perhaps more importantly, we lose too much on the defensive end with JC at the 2. He's going to get burned consitantly, if this last game was any indecation. Have you guys ever heard of John Celestand? Well me neither, but he breezed passed JC on several occasions.

I'm still not sure who will get the starting position between JC and JWill as I haven't seen the team run by JWill yet. I like the fact that they bring different strengths to the point position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts