Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if there's one thing to find positive about this roadtrip it would be the consistent play of Jamal Crawford. He's been averaging 16 ppg most of the season and he's finally hit 17.2 ppg. But besides that, he's also been playing within himself, not forcing shots! JC's also been taking it to the hoop. Against Seattle he took a couple of hard fouls (and no call) and survived!
I believe Crawford is really taking to Skiles and the slow improvement is very noticeable. His defensive effort was the first thing to change when skiles got here and now his shot selection & driving to the hoop is improving. All this & the fact that he is giving an effort is becoming worthy of a new contract.
I would not trade him right now, not at all!

BTW, curry playing well but still not rebounding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bulls</b>!
Ture,but is it just bc of all the trade talk,or that its a contract yr?
Or maybe because he's a young talent that's just getting better?

After all, his stats have gone up in PPG, RPG, and APG every year since he's been in the league....

Has every year been a contract year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
C-Unit putting up GREAT numbers....again in meaningless games...

WOW!!!!:eek: :no:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!
C-Unit putting up GREAT numbers....again in meaningless games...

WOW!!!!:eek: :no:
They wouldn't be so meaningless if they would surround the C-Unit with some solid players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!


They wouldn't be so meaningless if they would surround the C-Unit with some solid players.
Solid players??

Well other than the 38 year old Pip who unfortunatley was injured...

Didn't rose&Marshall provide help at the beggining??I think they played their roles well..It's just that the C-Flunk-Unit didn't step to the challenge...

So what .???

JC has two good games out of 14 and Eddy has two good games out of 18

They score big ..we still LOSE..

WE LOSE
WE LOSE

Ad,JYD..will get the rebounds(double digits)

There is something fundamentaly wrong with this team...

The reason to our failure was the backing down..not well prepared C-Unit

Gill,Pip,Linton Johnson were brought here to play 12-15 minutes..Same thing for Davis...Put some injuries here and there and these 33 year old 18 minutes pergame veterans have lost a couple of basketball years cause they got BURNED

WHY???

Cause C-squad wasn't ready
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!


Solid players??

Well other than the 38 year old Pip who unfortunatley was injured...

Didn't rose&Marshall provide help at the beggining??I think they played their roles well..It's just that the C-Flunk-Unit didn't step to the challenge...

So what .???

JC has two good games out of 14 and Eddy has two good games out of 18

They score big ..we still LOSE..

WE LOSE
WE LOSE

Ad,JYD..will get the rebounds(double digits)

There is something fundamentaly wrong with this team...

The reason to our failure was the backing down..not well prepared C-Unit

Gill,Pip,Linton Johnson were brought here to play 12-15 minutes..Same thing for Davis...Put some injuries here and there and these 33 year old 18 minutes pergame veterans have lost a couple of basketball years cause they got BURNED

WHY???

Cause C-squad wasn't ready
Uh, Jamal has had a hell of a lot more than 2 good games all season. Probably closer to 15 or 20. Curry has had more than a couple of good games too.

Look who the C-Unit has helping them out: AD-an overpaid undersized aging utility vet, JYD-A solid hustle 6th man with little offensive skill Gill, a solid back up sg E-Rob, who knows what you will get from him one night to the next Rick Brunson, a third string pg. Dupree, a NBDL rookie player. Hinrich, a rookie player...

I mean come on, how is the C-Unit suppossed to do anything with this mess of a team?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!


Uh, Jamal has had a hell of a lot more than 2 good games all season. Probably closer to 15 or 20. Curry has had more than a couple of good games too.
Which still represent a minority of the games played.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around. Do they have adequate players around them? No. they didn't before the trade and they don't now.

Have the 3Cs met expectations? No. Crawford has been inconsistent and bad on defense. Curry came into the season 25lbs over weight. Chandler came into the season 25lbs under weight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!


Which still represent a minority of the games played.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around. Do they have adequate players around them? No. they didn't before the trade and they don't now.

Have the 3Cs met expectations? No. Crawford has been inconsistent and bad on defense. Curry came into the season 25lbs over weight. Chandler came into the season 25lbs under weight.
Your right. Jamal has been inconsitent and we all know how Curry has been. But, might Jamal play better with a better supporting cast? Maybe Curry too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!


Your right. Jamal has been inconsitent and we all know how Curry has been. But, might Jamal play better with a better supporting cast? Maybe Curry too?
They'd play better, but they'd still not be playing up to expectations because we'd be forming expectations about what they should be capable of surrounded by better players.

Surrounded by better players, they'd all be better. Jamal would benefit the most because his inconsistency would merely be irritating instead of devastating. Curry would still be too fat and Chandler too skinny however.

The way I look at it, if those three had come in and played well from the start, even with the crap around them they'd have been good for maybe 30-35 games. With crap around them and them playing like crap too, we're good for about 25 games.

With good players around them and our players meeting expectations 40-50 games would be realistic. With good players around them and inconsistent play we probably drop down in the 30-40 range, where in both cases the range depends on just how good the supporting cast really is.
 

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
Joined
·
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>davidR</b>!


So between them, Chandler and Curry were just right.
;)

Yes, Goldilocks, that's true!

PS--Look out for pissed-off bears!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
congrats jamal on raising your ppg average to 17.2.

oh by the way, as of yesterday we are now 13-36. i can care less about how a player has risen his ppg when we are constantly LOSING.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remlover</b>!
congrats jamal on raising your ppg average to 17.2.

oh by the way, as of yesterday we are now 13-36. i can care less about how a player has risen his ppg when we are constantly LOSING.
And that's all that really matters when you cut through all the crappola...winning and losing.

Originally posted by <b>robg</b>!
Well if there's one thing to find positive about this roadtrip it would be the consistent play of Jamal Crawford. He's been averaging 16 ppg most of the season and he's finally hit 17.2 ppg. But besides that, he's also been playing within himself, not forcing shots! JC's also been taking it to the hoop.
And this has to be just about the most inane statement I've read on this board since the season began. Jamal Crawford's consistent play? ...playing within himself? ...not forcing shots? ...taking it to the hoop?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Considering all these wonderful accomplishments...on this roadtrip...did you bother to notice that he's shooting 36% from the field (34-95) and 31% from the three point line (12-39)? My God! I wonder what his shooting percentage might be if he wasn't taking it to the hole, or if he was still forcing shots! Face the facts: Crawford's a bricklayer with all kinds of style but barely any substance who puts out even less energy on defense than Jalen Rose did. AND YOU CALL THIS A POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,922 Posts
Blizzy...

You're a good poster, and I have said this in the past, but lately your posts have been a little bit off, and sometimes I question if you actually watched the games in question, or form your comments based off what has been stated here on the board or info that can be found in the boxscores.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
wow this thread took an ugly turn fast.

Guy was just noting that it seemed like Jamal had been making a lot of the improvements that a lot of us have been clamoring for.

And then you guys decide to take that opportunity to bring up the team's record...

And all I'll say about that is...NO ****ING KIDDING. You mean to tell me that the Bulls suck this year? NO WAY! Get out of here with that craziness. Note the sarcasm.

We all know the bulls suck. But in order to avoid all threads being the same thread you should contain such comments to their appropriate threads.

Jamal's improvements, while they may not mean anything to the general bulls fan who already is tired of player development, are interesting to other teams who are using our team as a sort of minor league. I think Jamal may be playing himself into the big leagues soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
Blizzy...

You're a good poster, and I have said this in the past, but lately your posts have been a little bit off, and sometimes I question if you actually watched the games in question, or form your comments based off what has been stated here on the board or info that can be found in the boxscores.
Look, I understand that in this season of despair people need to look for a silver lining wherever they can find one. But stroking Crawford for raising his scoring average during an 0-5 roadtrip when prior to the Seattle game he was shooting under 32% for four games is almost obscene. Maybe I should take a break from this board because I can't stomach honoring individual accomplishments when they don't translate into wins anymore. I'm sick of losing, period. I've really got no axe to grind with any player if we're winning ballgames. I just can't condone kudos for anyone when we've lost 11 out of our last 12. But thats just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!


Look, I understand that in this season of despair people need to look for a silver lining wherever they can find one. But stroking Crawford for raising his scoring average during an 0-5 roadtrip when prior to the Seattle game he was shooting under 32% for four games is almost obscene. Maybe I should take a break from this board because I can't stomach honoring individual accomplishments when they don't translate into wins anymore. I'm sick of losing, period. I've really got no axe to grind with any player if we're winning ballgames. I just can't condone kudos for anyone when we've lost 11 out of our last 12. But thats just me.
Well, I could careless his average is up, he's consistent if you want to say his stats have improved every year since he got into the league, and these point totals from him were the same he was getting in a college.

What I feel can't be denied is that Jamal has improved in many areas ever since Skiles became coach.

I'm not going to stroke Skiles, because I don't believe he's that great of a coach, I'm just saying since he has became coach, it's hard to argue Jamal hasn't improved.

As it is right now every team can key on JC because no one else on the Bulls is going to hurt them, he doesn't get very many easy looks which would translate into a lower shooting %.

He will shoot better when he gets to the basket more, and there's another threat on the floor, read Eddy Curry, who he can get the ball into and when defenses collapse on Eddy, JC will get a few wide open Js from time to time.

Anyway the Seattle game was a joy to me because really I didn't think the Bulls were going to win, there aren't many games on our schedule where I will actually feel that way, for me our guys went out and competed, and it was our best players, guys from our core, JC and EC, who kept us in the game.

Really we lost last night because Seattle wouldn't miss...

Yes we made some mistakes, but any team that shoots like that is going to be hard to beat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!
C-Unit putting up GREAT numbers....again in meaningless games...

WOW!!!!:eek: :no:
I don't think these are meaningless yet!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top