Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff McInnis Interview (HoopsHype.com) (2-7-04).
http://hoopshype.com/interviews/mcinnis_meyer.htm

Do you think you've found a home here in Cleveland?

Jeff McInnis: I don't know. I'm just playing basketball. I don't want to get into all that. I'm just playing ball.

You have to be happy with your start.

JM: I'm definitely happy. I feel like we have a great team here. We're all learning each other and as a result we're winning some games. We've got a couple veteran guys here, and we're just playing hard and winning some games.

What about the group of players the Cavs have here? What's your first impression?

JM: My first impression is I was really impressed with Carlos Boozer. He's the main person who stuck out in my mind. I noticed he was a good player, but I really didn't know he was that good. So watching Booze play, he's probably the most impressive guy since I've been here, besides LeBron.

What's your impression on LeBron's game?

JM: He's the truth. He's all they say he is. His work ethic is what really surprised me. He works really hard, and he wants to get better.

You had some trouble there in Portland with your playing time. Is it best that you're in a new situation now?

JM: I think everybody who plays the game wants to play. I mean, yeah, I'm playing so I'm happier, of course. I didn't want to be on the bench in Portland and still not winning, so of course I'm happy.

Jeff McInnis:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I liked McInnis with the Clips, I hoped we'd grab him as a FA... and now seeing him play, I like him a lot. I wish he could jack the 3 a bit better, but I love the way he absolutely pushes the ball, and I like the tight defense he plays. He may not be the long term answer, but I find him very acceptable for now.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
He seemed angry in this interview.

And he didn't want to committ to the Cavs long term.

But how about another veteran commenting on Lebron's work ethic? Kid's only going to get better. Casual fans grossly underestimate his hard work. And hard work is what makes good players great.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
What's your impression on LeBron's game?

JM: He's the truth. He's all they say he is. His work ethic is what really surprised me. He works really hard, and he wants to get better.
I like this quote, but since there is already a player called The Truth, and LeBron needs a better nickname than "King James," I was thinking of a synonym for The Truth... perhaps... The Real Deal.

#23, The Real Deal. That's what I'm calling him now.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!

I like this quote, but since there is already a player called The Truth, and LeBron needs a better nickname than "King James," I was thinking of a synonym for The Truth... perhaps... The Real Deal.

#23, The Real Deal. That's what I'm calling him now.
"The Chosen One" is my favorite. The article started it, and the mainstream already calls him this.

"The Real Deal" is a good name because it describes his hype and how he followed it up, but I think it is too late to give him a new mainstream nickname.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts