Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's another Jeff thread here, but it's all a downer about how he's just going to be sitting on the bench all year.

Reports say he's going to be the starting point guard.

"I'm going to throw him right out there; that's what we brought him in for," coach Paul Silas said. "He'll get a chance to practice and learn some of the plays. We didn't bring him here to sit him on the bench. We're looking for him to take over this club and run it."

The Cavs plan to move LeBron James into more of a swingman position rather than having him run the point all the time.
...and a new city learns all of the misspellings of his last name. :p

Go Jeff!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
We didn't bring him here to sit him on the bench.
I didn't read the articles, but that quote doesn't necessarily mean he'll start. It could just mean they don't plan on stashing him at the end of the bench.

Dan

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!

I didn't read the articles, but that quote doesn't necessarily mean he'll start. It could just mean they don't plan on stashing him at the end of the bench.

Dan
From the article:

"McInnis will start on Saturday against the 76ers, the Akron Beacon-Journal reported."

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I think this is a terrific opportunity for Jeff. He gets to be LeBron's "robin"....if they can make it work...he's going to be a very popular guy :)

It's better than what he was facing here.

I'll be watching!

·
Registered
990 Posts
If Silas were the one pushing for McInnis it would not surprise me in the least. Silas is a big plus minus guy (citing that as the reason he sits Big Z in the 4th). McInnis was the highest plus minus guy of any Blazer logging significant minutes this season.

We gave our plus 4 for a minus six and now the team will be in the hands of our very own negative 13.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts