Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Well. in the hoopsworld report..jeff seems to think Martin for Sheed!

i would love this cause Martin gives it his all every night and kittles would be great of the bench! martin is solid player

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still like SAR + Ratliff for Sheed + filler :D Sorry for beating this drum to death. Its a decent trade

I know there ar those who are concerned with SAR defense and limited outside shot. But he gives a solid effort every night, and he get to the line a lot. We need agression on the offensive set.

Ratliff can be the intimidator at the C spot we lack. Moving Davis back to backup minutes at the PF spot and behind Ratliff.

It might just work. I do not like the NJ idea still,. I would be good for getting Kittles and moving Martin to a third team, and us getting smoething else in return. I just am not fond of Martin's game.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
One thing I can't stand about this years team is how a good shooter, albeit not a great defender, like Wesley Person is rotting on the bench (or in cases when he's playing, they don't run plays for him) and in DA's first 3 games, he hucks up (and yes, those were hucks) 30 shots...

and he only makes a 1/5th of them.

And the saddest thing is, this isnt uncommon for good old smiling DA...Sure he's coming off an injury, but there is no way in hell he should be taking this many shots this soon. Let Wesley shoot them. Let McInnis shoot them. Hell, let Woods shoot them.

I can't believe any fan or managment type can say, with a straight face, that DA is a good outside shooter.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Option 2 – Trade Rasheed for Kenyon Martin: The Blazers could trade uncertainty for uncertainty and reopen discussion with the Nets for Kenyon Martin. Martin is an unrestricted free agent and the Blazers could decide that they do not want to resign Wallace and they could attempt to try out Kenyon and decide whether they like him or simply let the salary go at the end of this season. The trade with the Nets would involve Kerry Kittles, Kenyon, and a combination of players. I hear rumbles that a deal of Kittles, Kenyon, Aaron Williams and the prospect Nenad Kristic would get the deal done for Rasheed and actually bring the Nets under the cap, barely, if they let Rasheed walk. The Nets are unlikely to give up Kristic however and the Blazers may not be willing to take on Aaron Williams and his 2 years of $3 million along with Kittles’ salary.
This looks like a pretty attractive option for the Blazers. Kristic is supposed to be a pretty good big man/center prospect (top ten pick if he had waited until this summer). Isn't this the kid that Vlade Divac has been mentoring? Add Martin, Kittles, Williams, and Kristic to the squad and we suddenly become much deeper. Although we may not have the cap flexibility that would come with just letting Sheed walk, those are some nice pieces to add to the team. With Martin, Randolph and Kristic up front, we have a pretty solid front line for years to come. Although, Martin and Zack have similar games which may lead to an eventual trade of one of them to get a legitimate SF or PG.

I don't know...just thinking out loud...but I tend to like this proposed deal better than most of the others we've heard about.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I like the NJ deal as well. Martin and Kittles do have skills and they do bring it every night. I also like getting Williams as a backup center. This sounds like the best deal out there for Sheed if it's actually deal that works.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Martin is a above average in the east cause he has Kidd and before that Stephan as his PG. Out here he's an undersized player with no outside shot and Damon as his PG.

Think about that before everybody jumps on the Mr. Punch alot train.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Screw Damon. Let him rot on the bench for all I care. I could imagine McInnis throwing lob passes to K-Mart. I would rather have McInnis starting anyway with Person or Anderson at the 2 guard.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
That's not reality though, DAMON does start and plays quite a bit. Cheeks likes him cause Damon is probably the only player on the team willing to put in the suck up time to start.

Damon will be the guy to throw that lob to the other team while Kmart punches everybody that looks at him hard.

Kmart also makes our team even smaller. We don't need that in the west.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
McInnis starting at PG could be reality. I don't know why it is a lock to have Damon as the starter. He sure doesn't play like he deserves that spot. I like how McInnis has played this year. Things could change with a trade as well so nothing is cast in stone for the Blazers this year. I'm tired of seeing him dribble out the shot clock or not get the offense going until 5 seconds left to go on that shot clock.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Just what we need-another guy throwing punches.

KM is bad news. Sheed may have temper issues but they are NOTHING like Martin's. At least Sheed has shown improvement.

Losing Sheed to KM goes against the character part of our so-called rules.

Why on earth would we want to take on a head case like Martin? He does NOT give his all every night. He is a bully and has a terrible attitude when he doesn't get his way.

*had to crawl out of the woodwork at least once on this issue.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
bfan1; that is exactly right. Kmart is not a good fit here, or on any time trying to change their bad boy image.

Nash will look like a massive hypocrite bringing in Kmart and lose tons of fan support plus give the media six months of material to work with non of which will be flattering to Portland or its fans.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Kmart's troubles stem from being an enforcer with a drive to win, in addition at least his reputation is from on the court conduct. Sheed is troublesome on and off the court. I would approve of a trade for kmart who I think is a stud who's still improving while sheed is becoming ever more like Cliff Robinson.

I see comparing the two as deciding what is worse between flagarent fouls and technical fouls.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
K-Mart has played hard in every Nets game I have seen in the past few years and that probably is around 50 games or so. He plays harder than Sheed for the most part in my opinion. I just think Sheed is lazy at times. I think Sheed has all the talent in the world but will never live up to his potential.

As far as K-Mart's temper goes, I think he has done a fairly good job this year of late. I don't know how many T's he has or flagrants. The whole image thing is nice but let's not live in a fantasy world. Too many people here are fixated on just getting the sqeaky clean player in return. News Flash...there are not that many NBA players these days who have a clean slate so to speak. K-Mart has never been in trouble with the law as far as I know and I would rather have that than someone who is anyday of the week. He's emotional on the court like Sheed...so what. He does get out of hand at times but he's not the only one.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
bfan1; that is exactly right. Kmart is not a good fit here, or on any time trying to change their bad boy image.

Nash will look like a massive hypocrite bringing in Kmart and lose tons of fan support plus give the media six months of material to work with non of which will be flattering to Portland or its fans.
That's why I think maybe we could work out a three way with NJ and ATL. I tried to put something together, but the trade checker on realgm kept pooping out on me every time I try a three way trade. :upset: Something along the lines of the following...

PDX sends out Sheed (to NJ) and Damon (to ATL) and receives SAR, Terry and Kittles.

NJ sends KMart (to ATL), Kittles (to PDX) and AWilliams (to ATL) and receives Sheed.

ATL sends out SAR and Terry (to PDX) and receives KMart, Damon, and AWilliams.

May need some tweaking, but you get the picture. It wouldn't solve our situation at center, but maybe we could get Ratliff involved, or the rights to Kristic from NJ.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not bad... Terry is a BYC player too

I had been saying all along
PDX - NJ - Memphis
PDX sends out Sheed to NJ, Gets Kittles and some package from Memphis
NJ gets Sheed, sends Martin to Memphis, Kittles to PDX
Memphis gets Martin, sends ? to PDX

Memphis sends ? to PDX can be = Maybe Mike Miller and Lo Wright
That way we get a SG in Kittles, scoring SF in Miller, and Center in Wright all for Sheed

(West supposedly had interest in Martin awhile back, thus the idea for the 3 way)

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I dont want Kenyon Martin on this team...

I have said it before and i will say it again, i dont care about Sheed smoking weed and yelling, but i do care at people who get physicas(IE: Patterson and K-Mart) whether it be in the house or on the court.

I cant stand people like that and i hope to god we dont get a guy like K-Mart.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I'm not a big Kenyon Martin fan... I don't think that he and ZR would be a good match offensively ... but a Kenyon + Kittles + Krstic deal would interest me as much as almost any other reasonable deal (I'd rather have Okur if we can clear more cap space, and I'd rather have Al Harrington; I don't think that Darko or a player like Gasol is a possibility).

Why? Martin can defend SFs. He's actually even guarded studs like Tracy McGrady for the Nets. Depending on the team, whomever is paired with ZR at the forward spot would ideally be able to guard the more dangerous offensive force, whether it's a 3 or a 4. Martin can do that, just like Rasheed can.

Krstic, though, would be the reason to make this deal. He's about 7' (I've seen him listed at 7'1"at 6'11"), he's 20 years old, and he's considered one of the top young centers in Europe.

Kittles is salary cap ballast, but the other two guys are the ones who make this deal palatable, if not ideal.

Ed O.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!

I had been saying all along
PDX - NJ - Memphis
PDX sends out Sheed to NJ, Gets Kittles and some package from Memphis
NJ gets Sheed, sends Martin to Memphis, Kittles to PDX
Memphis gets Martin, sends ? to PDX

Memphis sends ? to PDX can be = Maybe Mike Miller and Lo Wright
That way we get a SG in Kittles, scoring SF in Miller, and Center in Wright all for Sheed

(West supposedly had interest in Martin awhile back, thus the idea for the 3 way)
Something like this?

PORTLAND sends Rasheed Wallace to New Jersey
PORTLAND receives Kerry Kittles, Stromile Swift and Shane Battier

NEW JERSEY sends Kenyon Martin & Tamar Slay to Memphis and Kerry Kittles to Portland
NEW JERSEY receives Rasheed Wallace

MEMPHIS sends Stromile Swift & Shane Battier to Portland
MEMPHIS receives Kenyon Martin and Tamar Slay

Slay could be replaced by Scalabrine, Planinic, Armstrong or Collins.

Portland certainly gets deeper. Swift could be let go at the end of the year if he didn't fit. Kittles' deal runs out in 2006, just when Battier is due for an extension.

I'm not super excited about it, but it's better than other "rumored" Sheed deals.

If Ed O. is right about Krstic (and I certainly am not prepared to argue him on this point :) ), the rights to the kid could be worth going after as well. But NJ might see him as their big man of the future, so....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts