Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RJ has been playing atrocious. Except for that little blip where he dropped 40 points, he has been playing absolutely pitiful. Poor D, no playmaking, he doesn't pass out of the post when he has the chance and is like a black hole out there with the ball at times. When he doesn't play to his capabilities, he really is useless. He and Kidd have been the major reasons why we've lost the last 2 games. Surprising that in both of them the only two players who have shown up were Carter and Krstic.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Lets tone down a bit. He is definitely "not worth anything." I'm not exactly sure on the numbers, but I think he was definitely rebounding. 6 games is not a good sample size, what has been doing all season?

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
Priceless. I say half that stuff about Vince and I get 30 responses within 2 minutes.

In April, RJ's atrocious play has resulted in 22.3 ppg, 7.2 rpg, and 3.2 apg. He is shooting 44.1% from the field. 84.9% from the charity stripe.

Right, atrocious.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dark Knight said:
Priceless. I say half that stuff about Vince and I get 30 responses within 2 minutes.

In April, RJ's atrocious play has resulted in 22.3 ppg, 7.2 rpg, and 3.2 apg. He is shooting 44.1% from the field. 84.9% from the charity stripe.

Right, atrocious.
A narrow-minded view. Those numbers are inflated because of the 66 percent he scored when dropping 40. In the games since, he has done nothing.

Furthermore, even when Vince was playing 'poorly', he never played as badly as RJ did today who looked like a lost retarded puppy THE ENTIRE GAME out there today.

I forget, RJ is the Uber-Net. He can do no wrong. Only Vince or Jeff McInnis or Marc Jackson or Scott Padgett get to be grilled.

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
purplehaze89 said:
A narrow-minded view. Those numbers are inflated because of the 66 percent he scored when dropping 40. In the games since, he has done nothing.
So good games don't count? What a peculiar view on things. Oh yeah, he went for 20 and 10 after that game. Followed it up with games of 19 and 22.

Furthermore, even when Vince was playing 'poorly', he never played as badly as RJ did today who looked like a lost retarded puppy THE ENTIRE GAME out there today.
How about on January 23rd and 25th? Vince went a combined 3 for 23. That's 13%. 4 ppg.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dark Knight said:
So good games don't count? What a peculiar view on things. Oh yeah, he went for 20 and 10 after that game. Followed it up with games of 19 and 22.

How about on January 23rd and 25th? Vince went a combined 3 for 23. That's 13%. 4 ppg.

He was injured. That is all that must be said.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Dark Knight said:

Wasn't vince struggling through a back injury at that time? Unless RJ's hurt he deserves whatever criticism people want to throw at him. Still, more negativity is the last thing this board needs

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
purplehaze89 said:
Dude if you don't or can't understand that you're in denial.
In denial of what? That Vince fanboys ***** non-stop complain about double stanards and whatnot, when they are the ones that use them more than anyone else?

I just think it's funny that Vince is shooting 43% for the season, but if RJ only goes over 45% in one of six games, he's atrocious.

Should I then ask why Vince is making life so unbelievably easy for him? After all, Vince being the almighty power that he is, is the reason for RJ and every other crappy Nets players' good play. So if one of them isn't playing good, that's Vince's fault, right?

It comes down to a Vince fanboy calling RJ atrocious for putting up 22, 7, and 3 on 44% shooting. If someone complains about Vince's season-long 43% shooting, though, they are lambasted with trash. You can't have it both ways.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Dark Knight said:
In denial of what? That Vince fanboys ***** non-stop complain about double stanards and whatnot, when they are the ones that use them more than anyone else?

I just think it's funny that Vince is shooting 43% for the season, but if RJ only goes over 45% in one of six games, he's atrocious.

Should I then ask why Vince is making life so unbelievably easy for him? After all, Vince being the almighty power that he is, is the reason for RJ and every other crappy Nets players' good play. So if one of them isn't playing good, that's Vince's fault, right?

It comes down to a Vince fanboy calling RJ atrocious for putting up 22, 7, and 3 on 44% shooting. If someone complains about Vince's season-long 43% shooting, though, they are lambasted with trash. You can't have it both ways.
This forum suffers from a severe lack of actual Nets fans.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cpawfan said:
Then what would you call it? You're obviously a fan of Vince over a fan of the team
I'm really not. But whatever you say. I'm a New Jersey Nets fan and Vince is my favorite player on my favorite team. That is the bottom line. Its funny how there is such a dichotomy on this board where everyone who talks poorly about other players on the team are automatically labelled as 'Vince gay fanboys who like to lick bumholes'. This place has gotten completely juvenile. PS. This isn't even a thread about Vince. Pathetic.

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
purplehaze89 said:
1) I'm not a vince fanboy
In your eyes, yes. In other, not so much.

2) All of your posts are filled with double standards.
How so?

3) why are you resorting to kicking, *****ing and swearing. This is an internet message board. Grow up and get a life.
Unbelievable. Cursing on an internet message board?! For shame! I have also kicked no one.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
purplehaze89 said:
I'm really not. But whatever you say. I'm a New Jersey Nets fan and Vince is my favorite player on my favorite team. That is the bottom line. Its funny how there is such a dichotomy on this board where everyone who talks poorly about other players on the team are automatically labelled as 'Vince gay fanboys who like to lick bumholes'. This place has gotten completely juvenile. PS. This isn't even a thread about Vince. Pathetic.
Should all be editted out, personally I stay out of those threads as they go in a round and round arguement with no conclusion... otherwise they would had been removed earlier.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.