Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

The Nets received a shot in the arm Tuesday when Richard Jefferson returned to practice for the first time since having surgery on January 20th to repair a ruptured ligament in his left wrist.

Jefferson had his cast removed Monday afternoon, a week ahead of schedule, and was scheduled to begin physical therapy following Tuesday’s practice. He said he felt no pain in his wrist and he spent the majority of the time working on his shooting.

“My wrist has good mobility in it already,” Jefferson said. “I have a long road of rehab in front of me but I’m excited about it.

“I could do everything except maybe dribble with my left hand,” said Jefferson.
Hell, Buford and Mercer don't dribble the ball at all, or have any duty handling the ball, bring him back NOW!

j/k.

Good news though.

-Petey

Reactions: DaUnbreakableKinG

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:
Link

Hell, Buford and Mercer don't dribble the ball at all, or have any duty handling the ball, bring him back NOW!

-Petey
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Link

Yesterday, after draining 19 consecutive free throws, Jefferson made his way over to the media with a huge smile on his face.
The ever confident RJ. Good to hear that he still have the touch. :clap:
Gee, the NETS really needs him ... ASAP.

Link

"A lot of it depends on my teammates," Jefferson said when asked about his return. "I'd love to come back and try to contribute, try to help. But a lot of it depends on them. I'm rooting for them to try to make a push and make it to the playoffs.

"If they make it to the playoffs, I'll be able to play. If not, then I'll be back next October."

Motivation for the team right there.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think taking the cast off early will allow him to get in more practice time, or it's what I hope, I don't want to see him put back into live action and get smacked on the hand 2 or 3 times a game. Wait till he is ready or we need him in the playoffs.

-Petey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts