Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jefferson has a better FG%, better 3Pt%, better freethrow %, better rebounding average, and only .5 less ppg on a team with a lot more offensive firepower. why is everyone saying artest should be an allstar? rjs stats are just as good or even better then his?

·
Registered
231 Posts
bc artest doesn't play next to Jkidd.... that's the only assumption i have.. other than that im as clueless as you are....

i personally thinkg artest is overated...

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
i think defense has alot to do with it

RJ has played great D the last few games but i think he is still considered a Jason Kidd creation....not fair, but true.

i think he is better than Kenyon.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>xbballplaya223x</b>!
jefferson has a better FG%, better 3Pt%, better freethrow %, better rebounding average, and only .5 less ppg on a team with a lot more offensive firepower. why is everyone saying artest should be an allstar? rjs stats are just as good or even better then his?
Because while they're similar statistically, Artest is probably the best perimeter defender in the game.

Since defense is half the game, that moves Artest well past Jefferson, who's average defensively.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
You have to go beyond the stats. Artest is on a better team (which matters), and is generally regarded as the best perimeter defender (and many consider him the best defender period) in the entire league.

·
Registered
729 Posts
First off Artest is a way better defender hands down (no pun intended). Second of all, I need to see jefferson play without J.Kidd to prove that he can put up those numbers by himself. If you wanna give kidd credit for making everyone better and giving them easier shots then you gotta wonder if RJ and K-mart would be able to hold thier own without Kidd.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i see RJ's game being hurt more than KMart's if JKidd were outta the picture.... KMart will bring it no matter where he's playing or who he's playing with... RJ has no jumper and relies on passes

·
Registered
729 Posts
I agree completely with you, but one could ay that K-mart also benefits. But I think K-Mart could hold his own where ever. RJ depends on J.Kidd to create points for him, they are the perfect match to play together.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chiuondis</b>!
RJ has no jumper and relies on passes
You just embarrased yourself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jefferson jumper has improved a LOT! and BTW nets are better than pacers. WTF have pacers done in the playoffs where it matters?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chiuondis</b>!

have u seen his jumper?

i think you embarrassed urself
actually jefferson has a very solid mid-ranged jumper right now. improved a lot.

artest goes because of his stud defense and his heart to this team. rj doesn't nearly have the impact to the Nets that artest does (yes RJ IS important but not as much as artest to them Pacers).

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Artest is the better defender, although RJ is a little underrated on defense, he held T-Mac in check their last meeting this past week.

While RJ's jumpshot is certainly improved, I'd really like to see him hold it this high for the whole season.

And although Kidd creates for RJ, what does O'Neill do for the Pacers? So many teams sag off towards O'Neill that it creates at times open shots for teammates.

All in all, I'd rather have Artest too. I think Martin and Artest would give teams fits with their defense.

-Petey

·
Registered
530 Posts
most of Jefferson's points come close to the basket..a.i. fast breaks, oops...from what Ive seen, Jefferson can't create his own shot

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by <b>xbballplaya223x</b>!
jefferson jumper has improved a LOT! and BTW nets are better than pacers. WTF have pacers done in the playoffs where it matters?
Nets may have been better then the Pacers the past two years...but clearly the Pacers are the better this season

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
People must not be watching the guy play very often this season, as a lot of what's been said is more applicable to years past. I admit to only seeing him a couple of times this year, so I could very well be wrong, but he seems to score in a myriad of ways. His midrange jumper has become pretty solid, and he seems to make plenty of shots without getting a pass from Kidd to set him up first. His defense isn't stand-out, but he's not a slouch there either.

Artest is clearly better in my opinion, but RJ certainly deserves credit as more than just another Kidd beneficiary.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jmonty580</b>!
I agree completely with you, but one could ay that K-mart also benefits. But I think K-Mart could hold his own where ever. RJ depends on J.Kidd to create points for him, they are the perfect match to play together.
its actually another way around, k mart is a high althetic jump stick in stromile swift mode excel on transition, while jefferson has improve his jump shot a lot ever since his rookie season, just look at his field goal percentage.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Profanity</b>!
most of Jefferson's points come close to the basket..a.i. fast breaks, oops...from what Ive seen, Jefferson can't create his own shot
They don't show the whole game on Sports Center. He has stepped it up a bit.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i think Artest is a better player but i would take Jefferson over him anyday, it just seems like he'll fit into any system

1 - 20 of 40 Posts