Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nets are on FIRE :eek:nfire:

14 in a row, catching up with the Heat. Jefferson: 40/11/3, kidd with 13/10/12, carter had 20/6/6. Should the Pistons be fearful of this new behemoth of the East? Or is this great win streak by this Nets team all just a facade?

The Heat are, unfortunately, fading away (or so it seems). Injuries are plaguing their team, and they've lost 3 of their past 4.

·
Michael Whiteacre's Running Mate
2,338 Posts
I think the Pistons have to be cautious, not fearful. When they put the clamps down on D I'm still confident they can hold New Jerseys offfense.

The main reason I see Jersey as more of a threat than the Heat is they can easily put 7 very good games together in a row. The Heat don't have that chemistry IMO, they might be able to blow Detroit off the court 1 or 2 games in a series, but will struggle to get 4 winning performances out of 7.

Detroit vs Spurs again IMO.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I knew that, but if you read my post, then you can clearly see that it is directed to the entire baskeballboards.net crowd. It's not so much about the Nets as it it's about the Nets approaching the Heat in the east, and whether or not they'll have any effect on the Pistons. BTW, everyone else seems to post "one-team-minded" threads on the general forum, so what's the big deal?

Reactions: eddymac

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
pmac34 said:
FYI, theres a nets board whether youre a nets fan or not
I think he has a right to put up a post on the general forum as long as it is not insulting or derogatory. He simply expressed his perceptions and views. Now if you don't like it, you are not required to respond to it. He simply acknowledges the improved play of the Nets and the sterling performance of its players as of late. Is that a bad thing to do?

Regarding your comment about the Nets forum, if you look at the general forum, there are posts about other players... like Chris Paul getting a Triple Double, Kobe scoring this much, Lebron doing this and that, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

If a Mod believes that it should be directed to the team's forum, then the Mod will do that. But to blatantly attack a poster for posting on the general forum his or her perceptions or views is not appropriate, in my opinion. Specially when there was nothing personal or derogatory in his or her post.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
This deserves to be in the main board: a game where 2 guys on the same team have nights like these are few and far between

One 40 and the other a triple dub: very nice

This is the team everyone was expecting after last year once RJ got healty

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
This deserves to be in the main board: a game where 2 guys on the same team have nights like these are few and far between

One 40 and the other a triple dub: very nice

This is the team everyone was expecting after last year once RJ got healty
there not that rare. well... not for the nets

on the 21st of Feb against bucks VC had 45 and Kidd had 12-12-13
on 4th of march against toronto kidd had 14-13-15 and VC had 31-7-4
on 23rd of january against Utah kidd had 17-12-10, jefferson had 32
on 6th of january again orlando kidd had 16-11-13, vince had 31

probably thebest all season, against chicago on 5th of november

kidd 10-11-11, VC 28-12-3, RJ 28-13-7

...... theres a reason they're called a 3 headed monster

Reactions: neoxsupreme

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
Hairy Midget said:
They're probably better than the Heat, but I doubt they will pose any problem to the Pistons.
I wouldn't say they're better than the Heat...just on a better little skid.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
naibsel said:
there not that rare. well... not for the nets

on the 21st of Feb against bucks VC had 45 and Kidd had 12-12-13
on 4th of march against toronto kidd had 14-13-15 and VC had 31-7-4
on 23rd of january against Utah kidd had 17-12-10, jefferson had 32
on 6th of january again orlando kidd had 16-11-13, vince had 31

probably thebest all season, against chicago on 5th of november

kidd 10-11-11, VC 28-12-3, RJ 28-13-7

...... theres a reason they're called a 3 headed monster
They sure are. Those stats are amazing. Best trio in the league.

Reactions: justasking?

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
pmac34 said:
I cant believe the nets fans still havent figured out that they have their own board... :cry:

Where are these posts when there are 100 "kobe" topic.... This is NBA General, get off his a55.

·
Registered
362 Posts
the Nets have a killer three of Kidd,Carter and Jefferson... last year Vince arrived mid year and Richard was injured for a while so it didn't work out...
this year they've all been playing great b-ball. Amazing b-ball.Killer 3. The best trio in the league ?
However, I doubt that their big men (Kristic,Collins,Robinson) can run with the Wallaces or bang with Shaq ... that could be their downfall in the playoffs ......

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
elias sports bureau says its only happened once before that on one team: one guy gets 40+, another gets 20+, and a third gets a triple double.

Its in Espn's daily dime.

That's pretty impressive.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
hirschmanz said:
elias sports bureau says its only happened once before that on one team: one guy gets 40+, another gets 20+, and a third gets a triple double.

Its in Espn's daily dime.

That's pretty impressive.
Nice. That one other time was in OT & this one was in regulation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.