Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jelani "The Beast" McCoy.

What an outing against the Cavs. 18 points on 9 for 10 shooting!
I know they're all from 10 feet and in but still impressive. I think McCoy should start at C.

PG Williams Hunter Jackson
SG Carter Mo Pete
SF Mo Pete Murray JYD/Jefferies
PF Davis JYD Bradley Huffman
C McCoy Davis N'diaye Huffman

Huffman will adopt Yogi's old position and Montross should be traded.

Here's an idea I heard from a fellow fan, why don't we trade Montross and N'diaye for Shawn Bradley. Montross would be helpful against Shaq and Bradley would be more effective against all the PF's playing C.

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
I don't think he should get the starting center spot on one pre-season game...lets see how he does for the rest of pre-season before we throw him as our starting center.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by <b>;)</b>!
I don't think he should get the starting center spot on one pre-season game...lets see how he does for the rest of pre-season before we throw him as our starting center.
He's been puttig up GREAT numbers throughout the preseason so far.

Plus we really dont have many other choices. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jelani is are starting C for the begining of the season.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I agree, it looks like right now he's the best option. The only other possibility I see is to start Bradley at PF and Davis at C. But McCoy seems to be improving and fitting in a bit better every game. Even though a lot of places have JYD starting at 4 and Davis at 5, I really don't see this happening for very many games. JYD may get starters minutes, but I think the Raps will really need some decent bench play, especially defensively, and he can provide that. It appears to me that Mamadou has started to fade into the background a bit. I think right now McCoy and Bradley get minutes before him.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
McCoy is obviously the best choice right now, and I do think he'll be our starting center for the season opener.

I don't expect too much from him though. If we get 7 points and 7 rebounds from him in 20 minutes, I think we'll be just fine, specially in the East.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Whatever you do-DO NOT START JELANI-trust me, as a Laker fan I will tell you that he is horrible. He is slow, a bad decision maker, and a bad shooter-don't let one game fool you. The only thing he has got going for him is his height. At the BEST put him on the IR. Just a warning.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
Whatever you do-DO NOT START JELANI-trust me, as a Laker fan I will tell you that he is horrible. He is slow, a bad decision maker, and a bad shooter-don't let one game fool you. The only thing he has got going for him is his height. At the BEST put him on the IR. Just a warning.
I know what you're saying, but - he has been playing well in preseason, AND who is gonna start if not him? AD doesn't want to play C, Montross is out, so that leaves Huffman (unproven), and Mamadou (basically unproven). AT THE VERY LEAST Jelani's been owning in preseason. Who knows? He might just play well during the season, or he might be another Carlos Arroyo. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the first one.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
This does seem like the best option. He might be a little shaky at first, but I can see him develop into a decent center by the end of the season.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
to start the season i'm going with jelani. as bradley rounds into nba form he will eat away at the frontcourt minutes. hopefully huffman can provide something when called upon. jyd will hustle into big minutes off the bench when he returns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts