Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knicks are shopping him,we need a big body,he is a good shot blocker and rebounder,what can we offer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
greekbullsfan said:
Knicks are shopping him,we need a big body,he is a good shot blocker and rebounder,what can we offer?
Where did you read that the Knicks are shopping him? He's grossly overpaid, so I wouldn't trade for him. I prefer Gadzuric, although I wonder if the Bucks will deal him in their division.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TripleDouble said:
Where did you read that the Knicks are shopping him? He's grossly overpaid, so I wouldn't trade for him. I prefer Gadzuric, although I wonder if the Bucks will deal him in their division.
www.realgm.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,882 Posts
Everything's wrong with that idea. He has an excruciatingly bad contract, which he only just signed, making him a BYC player. He also can't be traded till December, and most important of all, he's a horrible horrible player. So I will pass.
 

·
Sexy Moderator
Joined
·
13,497 Posts
You don't want Jerome James, he is a waste of DNA. I can't stand him! :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,349 Posts
First off, he's not a good rebounder. He rebounded at around the same rate as Curry last season.

In fact, he's really not good at anything.

No thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
we don't deal for Knicks players unless we're dumping (something)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,189 Posts
Sorry Knicks, you're stuck with him. Unless he's a throw-in to balance out a trade, there's not a team who will take on his contract. What a poor signing, even if it was before the Eddy trade.
 

·
X-Mas Taker
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
no one is truly stuck with anyone, but the knicks really have no use for him.

frye is better already as is`curry and AD

my belief is that they should trade him off for deadwood in a bigger deal , like with penny for someone's cap relief.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
You guys need Jerome James. He will put you over the top and enable you to win this conference. Sure he might make a big salary, but he is such a consumate professional on and off the court. In fact, his current injury is the main reason the Knicks are 0-5. We are simply lost without Jerome.

Ridicule me if you want, but when you need a big man who can pick up 5 fouls in 90 seconds flat, who you gonna call? That softy Chandler would probably be too busy rebounding and defending to help the team in its hour of need.

Not since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has the NBA seen a center with this much martial arts talent. Jerome will crush opposing teams with bone-crunching hip checks and devastating body slams. If he gets fired up, look out for his signature move, the Big Snacks, in which Jerome actually picks up the opposing PG and swallows him whole right there on the court.

Not only is James packed with raw talent, but he is a complete professional. While most players selfishly and jealously try to prevent the other team from taking the ball, Jerome embodies the spirit of giving with his spectacular 1:4 assist/turnover ratio. Opposing teams around the league will have a newfound respect for your team's charitable and gentlemantly once Jerome's infectious goodwill begins to permeate your squad.

Seriously though, I'll give you James and Rose for Chandler, Deng, and our first rounder. Any takers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
Da Grinch said:
no one is truly stuck with anyone, but the knicks really have no use for him.
I think that's true for all NBA teams except the Knicks. Every other team has the Knicks to dump their overpaid players on to get cap relief. So really the Knicks are the only team that's truly stuck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
lougehrig said:
I think that's true for all NBA teams except the Knicks. Every other team has the Knicks to dump their overpaid players on to get cap relief. So really the Knicks are the only team that's truly stuck.
Yes, just like we were "stuck" with Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, and Clarence Weatherspoon.

There is no such thing as an unmovable deal in the NBA. There was a few months ago, but Allan Houston has retired.

James is a worthless sack of crap, but he is not unmovable. Ever take a look at what mediocre big men command on the market? Is James' deal really that much worse than say, Adonal Foyle's?
 

·
X-Mas Taker
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
lougehrig said:
I think that's true for all NBA teams except the Knicks. Every other team has the Knicks to dump their overpaid players on to get cap relief. So really the Knicks are the only team that's truly stuck.
thats insane.

the knicks unload bad contracts pretty much every season,

all teams can unload cotracts and their is no sliding scale of teams of which team can and cant take deals, teams are only regulated by the salary cap.

i'll give the most likely scenerio for the trading of jerome james right now.

a team looks at their roster and sees no viable center options and their GM likes James' talent and thinks all he needs is a new enviroment...similar to IT before he had a chance at curry.

james will be traded within the year , you can bank on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
No thanx!

I think it was not a smart move by Thomas , and he has no prize to give us for unloading him from his mistake.

we need size , but unless we get another 1st rounder for taking him it's just a desparate kinda move...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
Da Grinch said:
thats insane.

the knicks unload bad contracts pretty much every season,

all teams can unload cotracts and their is no sliding scale of teams of which team can and cant take deals, teams are only regulated by the salary cap.

i'll give the most likely scenerio for the trading of jerome james right now.

a team looks at their roster and sees no viable center options and their GM likes James' talent and thinks all he needs is a new enviroment...similar to IT before he had a chance at curry.

james will be traded within the year , you can bank on it.
Conversely, you don't think every GM in the league knows that James isn't worth one quarter of what he's being paid by the Knicks? James had one suitor in the off-season. The Knicks. They offered up a ridiculous mid-level contract for a bad player (go figure). Why would another GM take on a player that, so far, has proven nothing in all the time he's been in the league for the amount of money he's being paid?

The only way James gets moved off the Knicks roster is if it is with additional players like Marbury as part of a package deal. Even then I highly doubt it. A guy like James doesn't sweeten a deal, he makes it harder to take on. The Knicks don't even have future picks to give as their next two picks are tied up with us. James ain't going anywhere.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top