Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on where he will sign?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I heard that Memphis offered him the full exeption to him. I wouldn't mind him coming to the Spurs. He did do a decent job on Duncan last year... ;) Good enough for me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jerome James--the latest rich Big Stiff!

Here are Jerome James' stats from last season:

56 games
16.9 minutes/game
5.3 points/game
4.1 rebounds/game
49.1 FG%
0.4/1.3 assist-to-turnover ratio
0.45 steals/game
1.54 blocks/game
3.1 personal fouls/game

That's right, 5.3 points/game and 4.1 rebounds/game during the regular season. He turns 27 in November, so he's not a kid anymore. Did he turn it on in the postseason? Maybe the reason why teams want this guy so much is because he really improved as the season went on--maybe he flashed some brilliance in the playoffs? Nope--take a look at his playoff statistics:

Game One: 22 minutes, 2-for-5 from the field, 0-for-0 from the line, 4 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 2 turnovers, 2 blocks, 0 steals

Game Two: 19 minutes, 4-for-9 from the field, 0-for-0 from the line, 8 points, 4 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 turnover, 2 blocks, 0 steals. Believe it or not, this was his best game of the series. And he fouled out--in 19 minutes!

Game Three: 17 minutes, 2-for-5 from the field, 0-for-0 from the line, 4 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover, 0 blocks, 0 steals.

Game Four: 8 minutes, 1-for-3 from the field, 0-for-0 from the line, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 turnovers, 1 block, 0 steals.

Game Five: 4 minutes, 0-for-1 from the field, 0-for-0 from the line, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 turnovers, 0 blocks, 0 steals.

Yep, sounds like a star to me! As soon as some team gives this guy $4-$5 mil/yr, prepare to DIE LAUGHING! When will NBA teams EVER LEARN?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think he'll be a solid center. at 27, he's still developing. He's lost a ton of weight since he's been in the league and is athletic for his size. He blocks shots, rebounds pretty well, and has a decent touch around the basket. I think he'll be alright, especially if he gets a shot in New York in the weak-centered East or San Antonio where he can learn from Duncan and Robinson for a year and be a good backup center.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jerome James is a 7-1 center he will help with rebounds and inside points so that well help. keon clark would be a good free agent he good inside scorer and pretty good outside shooter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was re-signed to seattle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts