Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grizzlies going shopping
Added: 17th July, 2002
Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal reports that the Grizzlies may have a surprise up their sleeve this summer. Free agent big men like Jerome James, Scott Williams and Michael Doleac are no longer on Grizzlies’ President Rick Barry’s “wish list”.

Who is on West's mind now is a bit of a mystery.
"You'll be a little surprised by what we do," West said. "We'll sign a player that may make people wonder. But he's someone who will help us." When asked if the player is a center, West replied: "He's 7-1." Tillery adds that there is reason to believe that the player in question may not have played in the NBA last year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The 7-1 Man

I think this guy is going to be Loren Woods from Minnesota.
He is a free agent and had very limited action last year with the Wolves. He was a great board crasher at Arizona and I am thinking West is going to get him.
And yeah...I did check....he is 7-1

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know the guy retired at the beginning of last season, but I think the guy is Big Luke Longley. Whoever the guy is I'm ready to find out. I've also heard word that it could be Jim McIllvane, which I surely will be wondering, "Why him ?". If I could ask Jerry West one question it would be, "What's up with all of the mysterious games" ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Could this be Wang Zhi Zhi?
He is 7-1...and not sure if he wants to stay with Dallas!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just got word from the local news ( 3 ) that the guy name is Tryvanski. He's a 7 footer from Poland who is being pursued by a lot of teams now since Jerry West has shown alot of interest in him. I don't what position he'll play with the Grizz because they say the guy only weighs 221lbs, which is very light weight for a center in the NBA. Whatever the position is I'm hoping he can come in and be somewhat of a contributor to this team right away.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whats with all of these skinny 7 footers!?!? Teams are absolutley in love with them.

There's Mario Kasuan,Greg ****a,Niko T****iviili... Plus a number of others.

Maybe West really has something here, I highly doubt it though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by bdachakeya
Just got word from the local news ( 3 ) that the guy name is Tryvanski. He's a 7 footer from Poland who is being pursued by a lot of teams now since Jerry West has shown alot of interest in him. I don't what position he'll play with the Grizz because they say the guy only weighs 221lbs, which is very light weight for a center in the NBA. Whatever the position is I'm hoping he can come in and be somewhat of a contributor to this team right away.

bdachakeya, I´d like to see the link.
Cezary Trybanski is a very raw prospect born in 1979. He was not drafted in 2001, so he´s a Free Agent. He played last season in Polish league (weak league...) just 13.1 Mpg, with 4.9 Ppg, 2.7 Rpg. He didn´t play Euroleague.
There are a lot of european C better than him. He´s not ready, I hope Grizzlies gets an experienced Euroleague player like Huffman, Tomasevic, even Tabak. They will not be NBA stars, but they can play some minutes. Trybanski will not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts