Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two different teams have been reported to be in talks with the Bulls for Jimmy Butler.

Boston is reported to have been in talks for Butler for some time now. Their package is reported to include the Brooklyn 1rst pick (top 5?) and other assets.

Las Angles is reported to be discussing a deal including Julius Randle and others (Williams, Clarkson).

If it is time for the Bulls to rebuild, it may be wise to pull the trigger on the best deal the Bulls can get, especially if the Bulls can get the two teams bidding against each other.

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
Jimmy has been super legit, but we're better off starting from scratch at this point. Get a legit package and I'm okay with him being moved.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
If the Bulls can actually get one or both of those Brooklyn picks along with a relatively young asset or two from Boston, they should pull the trigger immediately before the trading deadline.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the Bulls can actually get one or both of those Brooklyn picks along with a relatively young asset or two from Boston, they should pull the trigger immediately before the trading deadline.
I think you are right, although I have not seen much evidence that the current Bulls management can successfully rebuild this team. Hopefully, they have learned from some of their mistakes and can pull off a solid trade. The Bulls need good young, athletic talent that can become the core of a championship team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts