Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Star in the Making
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Redick tops Morrison for AP player of year

INDIANAPOLIS -- J.J. Redick, whose 3-point shooting led Duke to a No. 1 ranking for most of the season, was selected the national player of the year by The Associated Press on Friday.

The senior guard was second in the nation in scoring this season, capping a career in which he became the Atlantic Coast Conference's all-time leading scorer and Division I's most prolific 3-point shooter.

Redick is the record sixth Duke player to win the award, with five winners coming since 1992. The award was first presented in 1961.

[MORE IN URL]

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
Star in the Making
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Redick tops Morrison for AP player of year

Who here thinks Morrison deserved it more?

·
Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
I don't think there is that much bias to it.You could have gone either way and you certainly could have given Brandon Roy a lot more consideration than either Rudy Gay or Allan Ray.JJ Redick did what he did against the toughest schedeule in the nation(against the rpi).Morrison played against a strength of schedeule rated in the mid 90's.In my completely biased opinion that makes what Redick did more impressive.

They should have shown more Gonzaga games on national TV.We could have seen them play San Francisco,Santa Barbara and Loyola Marymount.I believe those were all really competitive games too.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
This is just the AP choice...

USWA (United States Writers Association) named them co-MVP's

The one's that really matter are the Wooden and Naismith awards, which are announced on April 3rd and April 8th respectively...

Reactions: The Truth

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
i dont have a problem with redick as poy he did it on a little bigger stage than morrison and was breaking some long standing records to boot, if this were the draft forum i would mention that morrison is a better pro prospect and a better talent but its not so i wont.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Adam Morrison is the best player in college basketball. No question

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Redick had a great yr. Both were deserving but I don't have a problem w/ JJ taking it.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Re: Redick tops Morrison for AP player of year

This is well deserved, but no one can clearly make a case for one player over the other without using personal bias so a co-NPOY situation with Redick and Morrison would have been best in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.