Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duke's J.J. Redick, a Roanoke native, set an ACC record for most consecutive free throws made midway through the first half when he made both ends of a one-and-one. It gave him 50 consecutive free throws made dating to last season, breaking the record of 48 set by Virginia's Jeff Lamp during the 1979-80 season.
He is a machine, but i probably just jinxed him.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now if he could just consistently knock down the outside jumper I might be worried about him. Coming out of high school he was SUPER hyped, having media types comparing his jump shot to Larry Bird.

If I were a Duke fan he'd drive me nuts.

... but enough hating, Congrats JJ.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Now if he could just consistently knock down the outside jumper I might be worried about him. Coming out of high school he was SUPER hyped, having media types comparing his jump shot to Larry Bird.

If I were a Duke fan he'd drive me nuts.
He's pulled his 3-pt % for the year up to 39% and number I'm perfectly comfortable with. Don't just look straight at the numbers with JJ, if you watched him every game you'd realize that he draws the toughest perimeter coverage game-to-game of anyone in the country. He's constantly getting his jersey grabbed and way overplayed. It may hurt his percentages a bit, but it opens up the floor for teammates, and he also gets to the line a pretty decent amount (which is a good thing when you shoot 100% from the stripe).

Will all the haters still be dogging Redick when all of the sudden his 3 pt percentage is up near 50% after two more hot-shooting performances?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ChiBullsFan</b>!
He's constantly getting his jersey grabbed and way overplayed.
He's the Reggie Miller of college basketball... And you're right - with Redick drawing so much attention, it's opening up the inside a bit for Randolph and Williams.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts

He's pulled his 3-pt % for the year up to 39% and number I'm perfectly comfortable with. Don't just look straight at the numbers with JJ, if you watched him every game you'd realize that he draws the toughest perimeter coverage game-to-game of anyone in the country. He's constantly getting his jersey grabbed and way overplayed. It may hurt his percentages a bit, but it opens up the floor for teammates, and he also gets to the line a pretty decent amount (which is a good thing when you shoot 100% from the stripe).

Will all the haters still be dogging Redick when all of the sudden his 3 pt percentage is up near 50% after two more hot-shooting performances?
NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in their right mind would ever "hate" on JJ Reddick's shooting ability. Everything you say is correct, and nobody can draw the defense outside the arc like Reddick can.

Gordon might be able to shoot 45% on the 3's that he typically takes, but he couldn't shoot 25% on the types of shots that Reddick attempts.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in their right mind would ever "hate" on JJ Reddick's shooting ability. Everything you say is correct, and nobody can draw the defense outside the arc like Reddick can.

Gordon might be able to shoot 45% on the 3's that he typically takes, but he couldn't shoot 25% on the types of shots that Reddick attempts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts