Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
Yeah, he's dealt with it before (in his other foot, I believe). Not ideal in the slightest, particularly with our big man rotation behind him.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Well this is certainly terrible news for Chicago.I guess Taj becomes the starting center? Who replaces Noah in the all-star game?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Well this is certainly terrible news for Chicago.I guess Taj becomes the starting center? Who replaces Noah in the all-star game?
Maybe Boozer or Greg Monroe gets a the call in the ASG. Doesn't really matter since I think Noah wasn't going to get many minutes anyways. KG, Bosh and Lopez would have played more minutes.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Josh Smiths' insistence on continuing to jack terrible jumpers because he wishes he was a guard has never stopped bothering me. If it is one of Atlanta's guys, I hope it's Horford.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Josh Smiths' insistence on continuing to jack terrible jumpers because he wishes he was a guard has never stopped bothering me. If it is one of Atlanta's guys, I hope it's Horford.
He still takes those shots, but it's less often than he used to.

The thing that really bothers me about J Smoove (I still like him though) is his HORRID free throw shooting. Truly baffles me that he's shooting 49.7% from the line, he's a career 66% shooter.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Neil Funk said during the game that Noah may be back as soon as Wednesday depending on how his treatment goes. If he does come back that soon, I wouldn't expect the injury to be all that serious.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
He still takes those shots, but it's less often than he used to.

The thing that really bothers me about J Smoove (I still like him though) is his HORRID free throw shooting. Truly baffles me that he's shooting 49.7% from the line, he's a career 66% shooter.
He's still shooting over half of his shots from midrange and beyond, despite being very bad at those and very good around the rim. His insistence on trying to be Durant/Lebron/Melo instead of just focusing on what he's good at is the main reason I don't believe in Atlanta in any way this season.

·
Registered
59 Posts
He's still shooting over half of his shots from midrange and beyond, despite being very bad at those and very good around the rim. His insistence on trying to be Durant/Lebron/Melo instead of just focusing on what he's good at is the main reason I don't believe in Atlanta in any way this season.
I agree and so do Hawks fans. They were yelling "noooo" every time he took a shot from outside this past Saturday.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Saw in some new reports that Noah is going to play through the pain. Personally I think that is a terrible idea. Another example of this team valuing the regular season more than playoffs. There is still plenty of time to get himself right physically and then build some rhythm before the playoffs. Instead I am concerned he's going to play through it, only to see it get worse in March/April, thus rendering him useless for the playoffs. Why can't this team ever stay healthy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts