Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess he hinted that they would possible trade Memo. Come on Joe do what it takes to get Rasheed Wallace here.
 

·
*Floor General*
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
I guess he hinted that they would possible trade Memo. Come on Joe do what it takes to get Rasheed Wallace here.
What'd he say to make you believe that?

I'm not sure I want to do the deal anymore personally. I like our depth and we'd have to give up the bulk of that to get Wallace. The only way I'd actually want to do it now is if Joe D. thought Memo would leave with no compensation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
I'll trade a chance at the finals this year for a chance at the finals for a long long time. Why trade for Rasheed, who you'd only have for half a season, for a possible future All-Star in Memo that you could have for 7 more years?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,552 Posts
He didn't really say that.

He was asked if anything would happen before the trade deadline and his response was "Stay tuned".

Some people I guess were confused because the question followed a question about Memo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
it will be interesting to see if they do make a move. they're playing well but i think even they know they dont have the team to go to the finals. the thought of not being able to resign okur may motivate a trade and who knows what larry brown thinks, he doesnt seem to care for memo. i have a feeling that coach brown runs the show there.
 

·
*Floor General*
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
i have a feeling that coach brown runs the show there.
Well your feeling is wrong. If he did run the show, the team would look a whole lot different and probaly worse. LB is good at what he does and Joe D. is good at what he does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!


Well your feeling is wrong. If he did run the show, the team would look a whole lot different and probaly worse. LB is good at what he does and Joe D. is good at what he does.
i'm not saying as far as players on the roster goes,i'm basically saying as far as playing time goes. you arent going to convince me that dumars isnt embarassed by the whole darko situation,it makes him look like he has no clout there at all, which maybe he doesnt.
 

·
*Floor General*
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!


i'm not saying as far as players on the roster goes,i'm basically saying as far as playing time goes. you arent going to convince me that dumars isnt embarassed by the whole darko situation,it makes him look like he has no clout there at all, which maybe he doesnt.
You must don't know Dumars well then. Dumars doesn't care what others think about him (that's how he put this team together), if he feels it's the right thing to do he'll do it. We wouldn't have Richard Hamilton if Dumars did what others told him or thought he should do. It's been said over and over by Dumars that Darko is a long term project and that it will take a while for us to see what kind of player he is.

Dumars doesn't have clout in the Detroit Pistons organization? Ok, If you say so...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!


You must don't know Dumars well then. Dumars doesn't care what others think about him (that's how he put this team together), if he feels it's the right thing to do he'll do it. We wouldn't have Richard Hamilton if Dumars did what others told him or thought he should do. It's been said over and over by Dumars that Darko is a long term project and that it will take a while for us to see what kind of player he is.

Dumars doesn't have clout in the Detroit Pistons organization? Ok, If you say so...
we're on the same page,the real issue is the relationship in the nba between coaches and gm's. i saw it firsthand in seattle when george karl and wally walker would butt heads over young players like rahard lewis getting pt. the gm puts the team together and then basically turns it over to the coach. my gutt feeling is joe would like to see darko on the court, his signature is all over that #2 pick. brown on the other hand wants to win and win now. he doesnt look long term and really cant think outside the box. the least of his concerns is developing some raw rookie, he would rather go with lesser but more established talents like elden campbell. i personally dont think larry is a good coach for a young player like darko and next year you will probably have at least two more young guys. stay tuned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
He didn't really say that.

He was asked if anything would happen before the trade deadline and his response was "Stay tuned".

Some people I guess were confused because the question followed a question about Memo.
What I heard on the update was. Joe D was on the show and they would possible trade Okur. I didn't mean to imply there is a trade in the works it just sounds like if the right deal comes along Joe D would be willing to part with Okur.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!


What I heard on the update was. Joe D was on the show and they would possible trade Okur. I didn't mean to imply there is a trade in the works it just sounds like if the right deal comes along Joe D would be willing to part with Okur.
would they think of trading him because of;
1. problem with resigning him.
2. they have young big men in the system
3. relationship with the coach
4. all of the above
5. none of the above
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!


would they think of trading him because of;
1. problem with resigning him.
2. they have young big men in the system
3. relationship with the coach
4. all of the above
5. none of the above
It is reason #1. If they lose him in FA this year they are going to be in trouble. Elden will be a year older and Darko won't be ready to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
A Memo for Rasheed trade would not be a good idea IMO unless Joe D. thinks that Memo will not resign. Memo has a lot of potential and should average a double double next year; we've seen over the past two games that he is an important part of our team. Rasheed Wallace is a guy with a lot of talent but a horrible attitude both on and off the court, he is not what the Pistons need. And even if he does come here and change his attitude, there is no guarantee he will resign after this season. That leaves us in a horrible situation-there aren't very many free agent big men next year, and starting Elden at the 5 and backing him up with Zelly is not a good position to be in.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top