Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In his last two games he had 21 points each, and am really excited to see how he will do in tonights game vs. Philli.

First Game

Min A ST TO REB PTS
G1 29 4 2 1 7 17
G2 27 2 1 1 1 14 One of his bad games
G3 32 5 4 1 5 21
G4 32 1 1 3 4 21

If he keeps it up he would be a great player for the celtics, or maybe even some baite.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
He is definitly on the right track. I like his style -- He really impressed me with the improvements he made with his shooting, and seems to have a better handle on the ball. His confidence has skyrocketted.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope that the C's don't trade him, if we do then we can kiss that 1.6 million of extra cap space goodbye

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by the_truth
I really hope that the C's don't trade him, if we do then we can kiss that 1.6 million of extra cap space goodbye
No kidding, right now hes a Diamond in the disguise of road kill. This is a Definite keeper :yes:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by STING

No kidding, right now hes a Diamond in the disguise of road kill. This is a Definite keeper :yes:
Yeah now everyone likes him, but people called me crazy when I said that he will be a good player.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by the_truth

Yeah now everyone likes him, but people called me crazy when I said that he will be a good player.
lol, yeah its one of those things where people use the fact that they aren't playing with pros as an excuse for their preformance. But they don't seem to realize that he is outscoring many of the top draft picks. Even if he is older, he entered his sophmore year, so it really can't make that much of a difference

·
Registered
97 Posts
too bad he was just traded to the sonics. For all the bad press the knicks get I really think the last two trades the celts made were absolutely retarded

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
DAMMIT!!!!:upset:

What is this?????

That was a pathetic trade

Jeez, I was looking forward to seeing Forte play with the Celts. We HAVE depth at the Forward position, a TON of depth, so why trade one of your top players at a position that you totally lack depth for, for MORE FORWARDS!!!!!???? AGGFGGGGAQGDHJWSJUR

Sorry about that, I get carried away when my team makes suckie trades like that :(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I know I already posted this in the NBA thread but I want all Celtic fans to read this:

OK now tell me I'm wrong if Vin B had his best years in the east. Also with losing rogers this will keep a good scoring punch off the bench and he can spell walker and battie when they need rests. Oh and you can bet that even though he didn't play any D in Seattle that O'B will have his butt working hard in the off season. Kenny we can replace his 10pts and 5ast that wont be a problem. Vitaly was only a big body and he didn't really do much anyway......But the bad part after we took Forte last year and worked him at PG he finally looked good this offseason and then we trade him(thats the dumb part) But all in all I think that it will make us a better team. Plus you cant doubt Shammonds potential to be one of the best 3pt shooters in the L. Now it still remains to be seen whether or not he'll be the backup point we need but with the addition of JR Bremer he will help with some of the load..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by Brian
I think it is a great trade now the pistons only have to worry about the nets in the east.
lol, not quite, we still have the truth and twon! :laugh:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
yea I was just kidding but I don't think that trade makes the celts any better who is going to be you pg? If its delk I don't think he is better than kenny anderson (who killed atkins and jones on the offensive end) while the pistons upgrade their pg postition with billups. PP is great and walker is okay but they can't do it by themselves.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by Brian
yea I was just kidding but I don't think that trade makes the celts any better who is going to be you pg? If its delk I don't think he is better than kenny anderson (who killed atkins and jones on the offensive end) while the pistons upgrade their pg postition with billups. PP is great and walker is okay but they can't do it by themselves.
Yeah, I know you were kidding, but your definitly right, this trade sucks for us.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BUT the worst part is that the CELTICS did NOT have to trade the First team Summer League player, BUT still managed to loose him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joe Forte will NOT be good, he cant play point guard and his game (and size) isnt suited for a nba shooting guard, this trade wont haunt us in this aspect because hes not that good...hes facing other teams invitees and rookies, there are few big names there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts