Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what he is capable of without Marbury dominating the ball.

26 points 7assists 3 rebounds tonight
20 points 7assists 3 rebounds yesterday
4 points 6assists 2rebounds -played with flu against Denver
23 points 6assists 6 rebounds
25 points 7assists 8rebounds
18 points 5assists 8rebounds

That is Joe Johnsons gamelog since Marbury is gone. Looks at least as good as Pierce numbers, even better considering he is shooting better than 50%.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is even delivering highlight dunks regularly now.

Like when he dunked on Eddy Curry from the dotted line.

Barbosa also seems to be a perfect backcourt partner for him. Great shooter, pushes the tempo. JJ's PG qualities really work well together with Barbosa who is shooting better than 50% from inside the arc and outside the arc since the trade with almost 5 3pt attempts per game.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19.3 ppg, .505 fg%, .500 3fg%, .94 ft%, 5 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.3 spg and even more shocking 3.2 assist to to's per game.

A lot of Suns fans and all Penny fans have to eat their words now, that is the funniest thing of all.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Hes good, I doubt if he should ever be mentioned in the same sentence with Pierce, but hes definetly playing well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
joe johnson will be a nice player, but I dont see him improving too much...i think he's reached his peak, more or less...the rest of this season will determine what kind of player he can be, especially on a weak team...

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What?

He is 22 years old. He reached his peak? LOL
He is scratching the surface!

And the Suns are better than before they are starting to gel. They will win quite some games with maybe an outside chance to get in the playoff race if they continue to play like this.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
He is such a fluid player.. you just watch him and he looks like a natural talent.. his J is silky, his handles are among the best of any two guard, and he is a very good passer and rebounder as well as defender.

In the past he would put up the 25/7/8 games once a month, and all the Suns fan would go "Wow, maybe Joe is finally coming out of his shell..", then he would score 3 pts and get no boards or assists the next three games in a row.. The inconsistency is starting to go away and what results from that is a tremendous young talent.

If you have league pass or whatever, you should tune in to a Suns game for a little while just to check him out.. you'll probably come away impressed..

I have always been a fan of Joe, and always thought he would become a great scorer one day, but at times I didn't think he would fit in with the Suns.. I've changed my mind..

·
Registered
65 Posts
his fluidity is definitely the first thing you notice when watching him.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The Suns got a nice backcourt, Johnson is playing well. The coach is going to start Eisley over Barbosa soon. Eisley's minutes are increasing night in night out.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eisley is horrible.

The only reason Barbosa didn't play as much tonight was because Barbosa had 5 fouls early in the 4th.

They play much better with Barbosa.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
And most importanly.....

Phoenix is 2-4 since the trade.

Remember a guy named Ronald Murray?

Lets not jump the gun.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
JJ is finally showing the player he can be. I'm glad Penny is gone and Joe can feel comfortable starting. JJ is an awesome offensive talent, and think he will only get better.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
19.3 ppg, .505 fg%, .500 3fg%, .94 ft%, 5 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.3 spg and even more shocking 3.2 assist to to's per game.

A lot of Suns fans and all Penny fans have to eat their words now, that is the funniest thing of all.
Talking to me?

eat my words my [strike]a$$[/strike], he only put up a few decent games and u are sayin that we all are wrong? He will never have the smarts and intangibles to win games when his game is off.

No masking, please. Thanks, Devastator.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
And most importanly.....

Phoenix is 2-4 since the trade.

Remember a guy named Ronald Murray?

Lets not jump the gun.
what about him. Hes still avg 15.5 pts a game coming off the bench:confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts