Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 minutes, 0 points 3 boards and 3 blocks.
theo stat line. 4 points, 2 boards and 1 block in 23 minutes. between 2 players we get 4 points, 5 boards and 4 blocks. im sorry, but that will never win us anything. pryz is suppose to be the future center but all he is is another theo ratliff, dale davis and anyother center we have tried since sabas. no shot, no offense no rebounds, only block shots. not enough.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
tradetheo said:
18 minutes, 0 points 3 boards and 3 blocks.
theo stat line. 4 points, 2 boards and 1 block in 23 minutes. between 2 players we get 4 points, 5 boards and 4 blocks. im sorry, but that will never win us anything. pryz is suppose to be the future center but all he is is another theo ratliff, dale davis and anyother center we have tried since sabas. no shot, no offense no rebounds, only block shots. not enough.
Until the team begins to learn that they need to PASS the ball around they will all, centers included, not have very good games. A couple will maybe do allright if they are able to overpower their own man on individual moves, but it will not win very many games. They will all do better whan they begin to PASS quicker.

gatorpops

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
gatorpops said:
Until the team begins to learn that they need to PASS the ball around they will all, centers included, not have very good games. A couple will maybe do allright if they are able to overpower their own man on individual moves, but it will not win very many games. They will all do better whan they begin to PASS quicker.

gatorpops
Ya, this team doesn't utilize the center very well. Did you see when Theo made a nice move and sunk the basket, I think Rice commented on Theo having some good O moves, then they didn't go back to him.

I'm beginning to wonder with Joel if he needs more mins to get going. So far that's the difference from last year, Theo was injured so Joel got a lot more mins.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think Joel does need more time, but you still have to look at the circumstances. When Joel was shinning, Theo and Zach were out and all we had was SAR, who doesn't go after the rebound. Joel was getting all the boards and he looked a lot better because Damon would utilize him on the Pick and Roll. Joel needs to work with Zach and make sure they aren't covering the same ground. I think Joel and Theo are both being effective and are helping with the flow of the game and our consistancy as a team, but it doesn't show in the stats.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I don't agree with the above assumption it is because the team does not use a center much. Joel has never been a player who depended on offensive moves to score, he either got freebies off of pick and rolls at point blank, or made an effort to get rebounds and score. Joel has spent most of this season on the sideline in foul trouble, and I for one, do not like it at all. I think his head has not been in the game and he needs to wake up and smell the coffee, quit getting in foul trouble and start being productive on the floor, not on the bench.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm not worried about the center position at all. All we need out of them is defense and rebounding which we are getting. The kind of interior intimidation that Theo and Joel provide cannot be measured in stats.

Yeah it would be nice to get more scoring out of them, and we got some good scoring out of Joel last year, but look how many games we won.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts