Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever wonder what it was like to be a tall Frenchman and come over to the US from across the seas to play Basketball against some of the best players in the world? Well, now you can find out!

John Amaechi has agreed to questions!!! Post them here.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hi John

what is it like to be a tall Frenchman and come over to the US from across the seas to play Basketball against some of the best players in the world?

:D

That's my question serioiusly.... I'm not to creative with this kind of stuff.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
What adjustments did you have to make in your lifestyle?Which ones where the hardest to get adjusted to?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Hi John. I read some articles about how much you give to charities which is wonderful and how many interests you have other than basketball. You seem like a really great guy. Is it true from what I have read that you dont really like basketball that much? I was just wondering how much you love the game if at all? P.s good luck in your second season at Utah I think you could really help them if coach Sloan gives you more playing time.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Had you not had basketball, and the fame that came with it, as a tool, could you see yourself being as involved with charities and other organizations as much as if you were just a voluteer?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Hello John,

Good luck to you and your team this year. I was wondering what it is like to play with Stockton; knowing he has eyes in the back of his head, I was wondering what noticeable differences you could tell me about playing with him rather than with D. Armstrong from the Orlando Magic?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hello John

Since you played for CSP Limoges a few years ago, I was wondering if you still had contact with this team in particular or with European basketball in general?

All the best for your future

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I don't think he's French

He's British, right?

John, you are clearly a guy that has worked very hard to maximize your talents for which you should be saluted.

Has the 'lack of love of the game' been overblow? In retrospect, do you wish that you had used different words?

How have the Jazz roster changes affected your team?

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
John, what is the most difficult part of being in the NBA for you?

On any given night, what kind of thoughts are going through your head, offensively and defensively, when you go head to head against some of the more premier big men in the league?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I don't think he's French

Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!
He's British, right?

John, you are clearly a guy that has worked very hard to maximize your talents for which you should be saluted.

Has the 'lack of love of the game' been overblow? In retrospect, do you wish that you had used different words?

How have the Jazz roster changes affected your team?
My mistake.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Hi John, I read somewhere about your website and I went to it. Great job on it, but I was wondering have you stopped updating it or do you plan on updating it in the future? (http://www.meech.org/)

G

·
John, as a fan of the Orlando Magic in your 1st season here you were very impressive and had high hopes about you maybe sticking with us for much longer. Do you think if you were to be in the Magic at the current time, you would come in more usefull then you were back then?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Hi John,

What do you think is the best part of your game?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hey John

First off, best of luck to you and the Jazz this year. My question is this: I know playing with Stock and Malone must do wonders for every player's knowledge of team basketball and overall mental understanding of the game. But I am wondering what aspect of your game do you think has been most improved in your stay with the Jazz?

Thanks.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Hey John,

This may be a difficult question to answer, but I would appreciate it if you tried your best to relay your feelings. It is well known that the Orlando Magic promised you certain things in return for your loyalty to the club, such as a sweetheart contract once they found the money to spend. You ended up declining a generous offer from the Lakers and in turn, not only turned down substantial money, but a chance to be a World Champion. I know you are happy in Utah, but do you somewhat regret trusting Orlando Magic officials and turning down other lucrative offers?

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Hi John.

1. Shaq's recent comments about renaming himself "LCL" (last center left) has renewed interest in the issue floating around for the past few years that there are, in fact, very few successful, traditional low post centers in the league. Why is that? Is the changing role of the center simply a matter of the game evolving (much like the fact that nobody shoots a two-hand set shot anymore) or is it a matter of the league lacking players with the physical attributes and skills developed to play a low post game? In short, is the onset of the modern high post, face-the-basket center a good thing for the game of basketball, should we lament the passing of the traditional center or is this time period just a lull and we should expect a new crop of traditional centers to find success in the league?

2. The results of the recent World Championships took a lot of American fans by surprise. As a former international player, do you have any thoughts or comments about the US and international competition?

3. As an undrafted player playing in the NBA, what are your thoughts on the current draft system in place -- US college Division I is still the first place teams look for players, so the talent pool is restricted by NCAA regulations regarding academics, retention of "amateur status", age restrictions, etc. The NBA is doing a better job of looking to the global market, but is the NBA missing out on quality players in North America?

4. Your numbers were down considerably in your first year with the Jazz. The pundits are predicting the Jazz will struggle this year as a team. If you have a bust out year with your individual stats but the Jazz fail to make the playoffs, how do you assess the season in terms of success?

5. Assuming both were still alive, and also assuming you were having a dinner party of family and a few close friends, had room for only one more honored guest and had to choose between former Maryland and current T-Wolf forward Joe Smith and Mormon Church patriarch and founder Joe Smith, which Joe Smith would you invite and why?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I really want him to answer this question, it will be interesting for a soccer fan like me.

John, growing up in Manchester, England where the main sport over there is soccer where you a fan of your hometown Manchester United or any other soccer team?

Knowing how English people love soccer, I am sure he'd answer this question with a smile on his face. :)

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
John, im sure you have played future all star center for the Bulls Dalibor Bagaric over your years playing in the NBA, what would you consider Dalibor's most dominating part of his game? Do you ever remember a specific moment of Dalibor "schooling" you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.