Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was friday this week around 1:00 in the afternoon on the University of Minnesota campus. I went to the friday practice which I do every friday to watch the players. Dan Monson came over and made some small talk with me and that was pretty cool, and I got to introduce myself to the assistant coach JB Bickerstaff after practice as well. But I'm getting off subject, the wierd thing about this practice other than the fact I talk to JB and coach Monson was that John Gabriel came walking in! It was right after Monson came over to me Gabriel came in with wind pants and a sport fall jacket on. He just came up to Monson and introduced himself and then they talked for about 10 mins while the players warmed up. It was just a surprise to me that he would come, but he obviously did because of one Rick Rickert. He watched practice for about half hour to a hour right infront of me and my brother. I would have when and talked to him but he had buisness to do, and I just didn't feel it was my place to go talk to the GM of the Orlando Magic. But it was pretty cool when he came in, I just overheard when he was talking to Monson and I thought I heard John Gabriel, and when Monson said so are you guys playing the Twolves tonight I was sure that was him in person. I could hear them because there was only me, my brother and a new paper guy at the practice. I thought he would come with some others but it was just him. And if any of you don't like Gabriel as a GM, well I think that shows a lot when he goes around to colleges and looks at player even during the season. But I might be wrong, it could be common place in the life of a GM. But again it sure was cool to think that John Gabriel was watching the same practice I was!...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts