Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
He has problems with sweaty, he hates it at merryland. Short term thinking on his part.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
As a U Md fan I'm glad he's leaving school. He's a headcase. He's gonna be a terrible pro and probably shouldn't gpo 1st rd. He and Gary don't get along at all. And Gary is surely not gonna say many postive things about this kid. Gilchrist is trapped. Gary doesn't want him back and if he's not 1st rd he's screwed.

Should have made nice with Gary or declared last season after the Tourney title.

Talent wise I think he's overrated. He isn't all that quick in my eyes, very strong and not much of a floor leader. Needs alot of maturing to do.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
He's gonna be a terrible pro
:laugh:

He't not going to be a pro. If somebody picks him, they're wasting their pick. But he's a Maryland players, so I'm glad he's leaving. Maybe Nick C-M will bolt too. :)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Gary Williams was on Comcast Sportsnet earlier today and he said the rumors were false and JG didn't say anything about entering the draft.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
ESPN annouced it. Sounds real to me. What a waste.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

I was under the impression he was going to test the waters and retain his eligibility .... or did he do that last year and can't this year?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
He'll still go in the first, but probably mid to late instead of lotto like before.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
he didn't test'em last year, JN. a lot of people talked all season about him looking into it this year - i wouldn't be surprised if they weren't rumors. he's good, but not that good. he might have a tough time gettin out next year too, especially if Jack, Paul, Felton, Dee, Louis Williams all go to college next year.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I'd take him late first if I had a pick.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
denver is gonna have two picks outside the lotto. id be cool if they took gilchrist. Gilchrist plays at a higher level than his teammates, and he'd get upset with them. i think he'll mature and find things actually more to his liking in the NBA

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man, Gilchrist decision to go pro is probably a bad one, but him and Gary Williams relationship has been completely tarnished since the Wake Forest blowout earlier this year. Gary Williams obviously doesn't care for him or his style of play. Gilchrist doesn't like the way Gary Williams coaches nor does he like his teammates. Its became painfully obvious throughout the year. Gilchrist said he won't hire an agent and would hopefully try to play his way into the first round at hte pre-draft camp. If he has a bad showing there and plays his way definetly out, then what? I'm not sure Gilchrist would be welcomed back. Gary seems very much ready to move on. He's already planned a competition between DJ Strawberry and Sterling Ledbetter for the starting point guard job next year. Everybody also knows that Gilchrist injuries were not 100% valid during the NIT run. Gilchrist wanted to play and said he wasn't that hurt, but Gary Williams took it upon himself to say that Gilchrist was too hurt to play. I'm not much of a fan of the way Gilchrist has ran this team and would die for another Steve Blake point guard, but I know the kid is talented and we are gonna be in some deep **** if Strawberry or Ledbetter is running this team. I love Strawberry, but he isn't a point guard. And Ledbetter just hasn't shown me much. Best case scenario is Gilchrist returns and it turns into a Salim Stoudamire/Lute Olson like situation for his senior season.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Maryland used to be so good. Right now, Gilchrist is the only legit NBA prospect I see on the team. They need him, IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Might be the best NBA prospect but Caner-Medley and McCray are definetly better at the college game, even though Nik pisses me off just as much as Gilchrist. Its just crazy that his first 2 years of being our point guard, we go sub-.500 in the ACC both years.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thank God. We needed to get rid of this cancer. Hopefully my man Gary Williams has a backup plan for the open PG spot, maybe a top recruit. Now Nik Caner-Medley, Ekene Ibekwe, and the rest of the Terps can show what they can do w/o a PG who thinks he is the s*** and can do whatever he wants.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Gilchrist will be a 2nd round steal if he declares.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
2nd round I agree. Steal I am not seeing yet. He might be spending some time in the NBDL to get his mind right

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
surprising to me considering the fact that we had a horrible season and couldn't even win the damn NIT. I don't know about Ledbetter starting at the point next year but he does fit the Blake mold. btw where are u all getting the news that Gary Williams doesn't want Gilchrist back?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts