Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

.....(Eddy) Curry, who led the league in field-goal percentage last season, still could evolve into a big-time player. The Indiana Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal turned into an All-Star after being traded by the Portland Trail Blazers, but Paxson doesn't think the situations are the same.

"From what I understood, Jermaine was a worker from Day 1,'' Paxson said. "Anyway, I'm not panicking. But I'm not going to be super-cautious, either. You just have to believe that what you do will significantly help your team.''

It would take a marquee player to pry Curry from the Bulls, but don't expect Paxson to join the bidding for the Blazers' Rasheed Wallace. If Paxson thought he had a shot at the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, who becomes a free agent this summer, he probably would package Curry in a trade for Wallace, whose contract expires after this season and frees up $17 million.

But the Bulls have been burned before by risking everything on free agency, and it appears the Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns have a better shot at Bryant.

Then again, Paxson likely would jump at the chance to deal Crawford, Fizer and Antonio Davis for Wallace. The Atlanta Hawks' Shareef Abdur-Rahim is another player on the Bulls' wish list...

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Crawford doesn't seem to be much of a team player, Davis is a contractual anchor, and Fizer can't make a layup. No thanks.

Can't say I like Curry much, either.

Dan

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!

...Can't say I like Curry much, either.

Dan
The gist of the article seemed to indicate that Curry was an underachiever, as well.

I agree on all your points.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
If you go read the Chicago forum sometime... many posters think Curry is that way... lazy at times

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Sure sounds like more crap out there when trade and Sheed is mentioned. Portland is better off keeping Sheed right now than trading for that crap. It would be stupid to take on more contracts and less talent.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I like both Crawford and Curry a lot, but in order to take on Antonio Davis's contract, I'd need both of them with AD to make it make sense. And I don't see why the Bulls would do that.

Ed O.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Davis expires in 2006 I think, so we have 1 contract that drags over by one year. I would take Curry over Crawford, he may be lazy at times, but 6'11" and 285 LBs at 21 years old aint bad, and he is getting 12pts and 6rebs in 27mpg and shooting 49% from the filed.

We need a big bodied Center, if you can get Curry it may be worth the gamble, he still is very young.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
We've talked about Zach playing bigger than his size. Curry is just the opposite. He plays much, much smaller than his height and weight would indicate, at least from what I've seen. And if he doesn't have a good work ethic, I question whether being young is enough to make that negative a potential positive.

Dan

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
If I could get a package of Curry and Crawford for Wallace and fillers I would do it. That's too much youth and potential to give up for Sheed. We aren't winning anytime soon really, Curry I believe is gonna be a very good player, he has all the tools, he is still young. People don't realize that it took the best HS player 4 years to become something, yet they give up on Curry. Fine, Ill take him, and Crawford is a player Ive been wanting since draft day.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Curry plays like a pansy but has all the talent in the world. When something like that is available, you take it. It's better than players who have no talent but try hard, like Dale Davis. Curry is lazy, plays lazy, is immature, and metally fragile. It's nothing though that can't be worked.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!
We've talked about Zach playing bigger than his size. Curry is just the opposite.
I don’t find that Randolph plays bigger then his size.
With his lack of athleticism (and shot blocking ability) I would go as far as to claim that he plays a tad smaller.

Brand plays bigger then his size, as does both Wallace's.
Randolph is skilled at creating separation in order to get shots off and has a quick unorthodox release. This allows him to get around and loft shots over bigger players, but having said that players with length (and shot altering capabilities) seem to give him trouble

The true measure of how big a player plays is in whom they are able to defend (IMO).

I certainly would not term him as a player who plays bigger.

----

I agree with you about Curry.
He rebounds like he is 6'5".

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Say what you want about Curry's head and work ethic, not that those aren't legitimate concerns, but a frontline of Curry and Randolph is straight up raw. Completely unstoppable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts